Hi guys,
This post in a way is a continuation to my thread here and in direct response to my ban request here. Being its own separate topic which I think is relevant to eGO in general and not just BF, I hope it's okay I post it here.
How do the admins on the forum decide how long to ban someone for? I would assume (and hope) that this decision is not subjective and is in fact based on some sort of guidelines depending on the severity and type of the offense. Are the following factors considered?
Consider this a suggestion more than a critic. I'm relatively new here and still trying to understand how you guys work.
Leo_Lam
This post in a way is a continuation to my thread here and in direct response to my ban request here. Being its own separate topic which I think is relevant to eGO in general and not just BF, I hope it's okay I post it here.
How do the admins on the forum decide how long to ban someone for? I would assume (and hope) that this decision is not subjective and is in fact based on some sort of guidelines depending on the severity and type of the offense. Are the following factors considered?
- Previous reported offenses. If someone is banned for 3 days, returns and repeats the same offenses, will the ban time increase? Repeat offenders who've been punished in-between offenses find their penalty negligible.
- Regularity on the server. Stats are publicly available, showing playtime sessions. Ban time should be determined based on the number of games sessions the offender is to miss. If the policy states that and offender should be missing 3 sessions and the offender happens to play daily, the ban should be for 3 days. If the player plays every every other week, the ban should be for 42 days (14X3). Someone who plays every week cannot be banned for 3 days. Such ban would be unnoticeable to the offender and have no effect.
Consider this a suggestion more than a critic. I'm relatively new here and still trying to understand how you guys work.
Leo_Lam














