[poll] What Made You Join The eGO Clan

Why did I join you ask?

I was playing on a random Avalanche Server when I saw a server message...

"Edgegamers.us We are recruiting!"

or something of the such. It was the middle of the summer and I was bored so I asked the admin on the server (LegendsofChaos13, who's pretty inactive now) what all this was about. So he told me about it, I was never that huge into clans because they can lead to some serious drama. But, remember, it was summer so my bored and curious nature led me to the website where I signed up.

Anyway, long story short, joining eGO was a great decision! Not only did I get to meet a large and friendly community, but I got forums and servers to play in as well!

Yay, me!

Yeh...

-Thor
 
I found the DODS 24/7 Ava server one day and gamed there for 3 months before I decided to joined eGO May 1st, 2007. good clan good peeps....just have no clue who anyone is on the TF2 side lol, shoot me a line when you see meh in-game or holla in vent or if you man enough come to our Kustom Kettle server and we'll see whats up !lol
 
friendly members, brilliant goal, and i was slightly drunk,

no just joking, i also joined because i wanted to join a clan of some sort

besides im only 13, i dont get drunk yet :D
 
32 man servers set up in close proximity to where I live
I didn't join for the people, just the hardware ;D
 
Used to play on their servers on the rare times I play dods and when I found their servers on TF2 that about did it and I joined
 
Sixxgunn said that in exchange for my allegiance to the Throne, I would have a legion of his best archers and foot soldiers, the domain of the western front, the right to collect taxes (of which I keep 20%), and the ability to maintain a standing army for defense purposes. I did have to agree to keep two of his inner advisors on court to insure my loyalty.
 
[quote1206930574=Digitalfeeling]
Aiki invited me in after seeing me on the server. Aiki was really nice about it so I joined. I made alot of friends since then.
[/quote1206930574]

Same as me!
 
I joined because I happened to come across and eGO server and I found it to be very fun. The people were nice, the admins were cool, the server was almost full, and I was really enjoying myself. I figured that joining a clan could only heighten my game experience, so I decided to join.

[blockquote]
PurpleNurple wrote...

I heard there was cake.

[/blockquote]

I remember trying to recruit people by saying that there was cake (in an allusion to Portal). People got the allusion. I don't know if it really worked or not, but if the cake thing really got you to join, that's awesome!!!!!!!!
 
[quote1206933666=Noravic]
I don't know if it really worked or not, but if the cake thing really got you to join, that's awesome!!!!!!!!
[/quote1206933666]
I'm starting to think the cake is a lie.
 
Jubei, that post still has me laughing, and I viewed it first about a half hour ago.

Bubbles, Dangerdad and I actually didn't ever intend to join a clan. We played purely for fun and had a silly group [Kancho!] that we'd made up for our family members who game (four whole people, for the full story on that group, see this thread: http://www.edgegamers.org/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?33465.post).

We found ourselves coming back to the eGO servers so we could just play. We didn't have to deal with punks or constant profanity in chat or on mic (I mean, seriously, people, can saying the same words 452 times in one round really be all that illuminating?).

We realized that we wanted to be active in preserving the environment we'd come to enjoy, and you know the rest of the story.
 
Bugga bugged me to join, so I did :) She even got Captain Mental bugging me, and him being a god and all, I just had no other choice.
 
I found eGO because of the low pings. But eventually I found myself coming back again and again due to the fact that we keep the servers clean. I was asked a couple of times to join the clan, but was pretty hesitant at first. I'd been asked to join clans back when I played TFC, CS, and DOD regularly, but they were all pretty demanding on my time and required commitments that I wasn't willing to make. But when I finally checked out the website for eGO, I realized that this was the type of clan I would like to play with. You guys, eGO that is, are part of the reason I keep coming back to play TF2.
 
It took me a couple months to actually sign up, but I was a reg at our avalanche and donner servers (back when that was all eGO had) for quite a while. It was really just perfect. They were always full, no jackasses (aka, porn sprays, f-word spam over chat, etc), no FF, and admins that actually gave a darn. Good environment, in other words.

And then there was Fry, but that came a little later. >.>
 
Was all by my self on the Donner server and someone from console said

you should go sign up

and i did

and i been stuck here since then 11 Months Ago.
 
Sixxgunn that's all anybody should say.. he was so friendly adn UBER nice.. totally cool guy!
 
[quote1207486279=Monkeybits]
Jubei, that post still has me laughing, and I viewed it first about a half hour ago.

Bubbles, Dangerdad and I actually didn't ever intend to join a clan. We played purely for fun and had a silly group [Kancho!] that we'd made up for our family members who game (four whole people, for the full story on that group, see this thread: http://www.edgegamers.org/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?33465.post).

We found ourselves coming back to the eGO servers so we could just play. We didn't have to deal with punks or constant profanity in chat or on mic (I mean, seriously, people, can saying the same words 452 times in one round really be all that illuminating?).

We realized that we wanted to be active in preserving the environment we'd come to enjoy, and you know the rest of the story.

[/quote1207486279]


Ya, I was always wondering why you guys had that tag. Thought you were in another clan, but was I WRONG.
 
Back
Top