want to buy one, what do you guys think

I definitely enjoyed playing Dying Light. Never played Wasteland 2, however.
 
How does dying light play? It seems like it would play like an assassins creed game. Mechanics wise
 
Not too far off with that. It's really Assassin's Creed movement wise (parkour) with Dead Island crafting and attacking. Story isn't that bad, but there's so many quests and such you can do, or achievements, that you can sink in a lot of time playing. And you can also do co-op as well.
 
What is with the requirements, does anyone play it without meeting the minimum specs?
The freaking thing only requires an HD series graphics card, with 1GV VRAM, but requires an 8 core AMD processor?
Does it utilize all 8 of those cores? Is it really that CPU heavy, with only needing 4GB ram too?
I just don't trust that, so I have not bought the game, but it looks great and I would really like the game.
I just don't want to download it and use my data (xfinity :( ) and end up having to return it.
 
Last edited:
FX6300 @ 3.5, 8 GB RAM, STRIX overclocked R7 370 w/ 4GB VRAM

Assassins Creed Syndicate has a reasonable pairing of 6GB ram, FX6350 and an R9 200 series with 2gb VRAM.

I do not see how it is possible that Dying Light only requires an HD series graphics card with 1 gb vram and 4gb ram, but requires the 8 core 3.5 FX8320 as a minimum spec.


I'm guessing it has something to do with the reported core utilization issues, so the solution was to throw a better CPU at the game instead of figuring out how to optimize it better?
 
Last edited:
@Headshot You got it nail on the head. There has been some patches to the game to address the CPU utilization, but its' still pretty poor. For what it's worth, I'm running a i5-2500K and getting good frames per second. Graphics set to medium high with a 560 Ti.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top