GeForce 9600GT Only $150

Having never heard of the company, I'd seriously consider waiting for more reviews to accumulate before I purchased it.
 
Yeah, my first reply was meant for a different thread. I'm too busy and slipping forum stuff in on spare seconds. There is something to be said for brand recognition. Short of a whole pile of negative reviews, I know eVGA will give me a solid card, I don't need good reviews to feel confident in my purchase. But Palit? Who the heck is Palit?
 
eVGA also has great customer support from my experience. I'd have to agree with Lafinass in sticking with a recognized brand.
 
I've yet to have to RMA with them, but from what I've read it's a smooth process.

I've had more problems with BFG Tech, probably because they push their pre-overclocking a bit farther, but they also have EXCELLENT customer support. And lifetime warranties on their boards too, which is nice.
 
Palit is actually bigger in Europe than it is in the U.S.. They just recently made the push to join the U.S. market. But, I'd have to agree with you guys; I've had the best tech support with XFX so I'd go the safer way and spend $20 more to go with a name I can trust.
 
Palit ?!? who

i like evga, the cards look cooler most of the time and there a brand i know for sure is gonna back their product
 
yeah i agree with everyone else who has been speaking, go with a name you can trust and you know has great service. eVGA is a great brand, although just a bit more spendy, i believe they have a lifetime warranty on all products
 
It's a waste? The 8800GTS for a paltry $40 less has half the kick. I have one and it does pretty good - a 9600GT is an excellent card for price/performance.
 
I actually suggest you get a ATI 3870 if you can, it is a bit better than the 9600 GT.
 
I would not buy the card from that company but i would buy the card, if you get what i mean. I have an ATI card that i went and bought through Visiontek....I was goin to get it from PowerCooler(I think) but it had bad reviews. though Visiontek cost more ($202.76) $50 more i still had gotten a great deal because it had better reviews. Just something to think about
 
[quote1208398594=slusserjon]
Palit ?!? who

i like evga, the cards look cooler most of the time and there a brand i know for sure is gonna back their product
[/quote1208398594]

unless you have a extremely good looking transparent case, no one is gonna care about what the video card looks like. sure, it feels good putting it in...
 
i'm going to be honest and say i'm gonna skip the 9xxx series. the 9600GT is a solid investment, but all the 9's are is a 8 series card with a few modifications. The GX2? Overrated. Merely a SLI'd 8800GTX with more flash and smoke. Now the 10 series is going to be amazing and Nvidia already has a lot of the technology finished for it. Honestly, I'd recommend those ppl with 8800GTX's and Ultras to hold off a year. Save your money for a really awesome Ge10 card. Everybody else, take advantage of the 9 series and everyone can freak out together when DirectX 11 comes out...I'm excited already.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top