Whats everyone think of Season 2?

I am still sort of getting used to the new ranks but this image does help with that:

Season-2-Division-Titles.jpg
 
The only thing I don't like about it is the fact that you have absolutely no clue how close/far you are from being promoted/demoted.

"In keeping with the developer's aims for season 2, promotions to new rankings will take place after a player has consistently demonstrated improved skill..."
(from this article)

What the hell does that mean? "Consistent" in this can mean anything, from winning 10 games in a row to scoring 50 shots or getting 20 saves, there's no indication.
 
Last edited:
"In keeping with the developer's aims for season 2, promotions to new rankings will take place after a player has consistently demonstrated improved skill..."
(from this article)

What the hell does that mean? "Consistent" in this can mean anything, from winning 10 games in a row to scoring 50 shots or getting 20 saves, there's no indication.

I got promoted to Rising Star right after getting assigned a rank. Seriously, it was like 10 wins and 2 losses, then I got promo'd.

That being said, Canii and I went like 15-4 yesterday, and she didn't get promoted at all. I think it has to do with saves/assists/goals rather than wins/losses or MVP.
 
It might possibly be going by score rather than wins. They said single wins and losses are not important anymore. The higher you get your score consistently I think is what would bring it up. So Saves/assists/goals will be more important
 
i dont like it at all. Having said that, I dont really care about the rank or how/when you achieve it. Im just here to win, by any means. nuff said
 
New update: http://www.pcgamer.com/rocket-leagu...el=ref&ns_source=steam&ns_linkname=0&ns_fee=0

Basically, Psyonix listened and introduced divisions into the ranking system, giving you a better idea as to how close you are to promotion/demotion. The divisions range from Division I to Division V (5). Each division represents 20% progress towards the next division.

Additionally, they also introduced three new tiers: Champion, Super Champion, and Grand Champion. These ranks were introduced to get rid of the problem of having too broad of a skill range among the players in the Superstar tier.

Personally, I'm very glad they added this update as the only problem I had with Season 2 was the lack of knowledge on your progress. I'm glad Psyonix listened to the community.
 
Psyonix has become one of my top 3 favorite game developers, the other two being Valve and Klei. When they first introduced the new ranking system I wasn't too fond of it because there was no indication of how far you were to rank up. Now that they added the divisions, you get a better idea where your rank is and it was the right move. I also like how it has more to do with score and who you are playing against and with than wins. Sometimes I would get 600 points in a match and would lose because my teammates weren't really good so this helps that.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top