Question

BADDAWG-OHIO

Poster
Joined
Aug 27, 2014
Messages
212
I have been frapping some of my games, but they will not up load, can i get some help got some good footage to share but will not up load to forum. so anyone throw me some hints?
:facewall:
 
for one don't use FRAPS if you have a NVidia card use they're record feature. But I guess fraps is as good as it gets
 
The video files from Fraps can get VERY large very quickly. You will need some compression. Virtualdub and the h.264 codec could help with this.
 
Download Overwolf and the gamerecorder. It takes up NO fps and files are not that large. No ingame stutter and great quality. Overwolf is like steam but instead of games and stuff theres apps that can enhance game experience.
 
What graphic card do you have? Not all nvdia card's support this feature. Also fraps is resource hog. Get either OBS or dxtory

This ^
GTX 6xx,7xx,9xx will support shadow play if you have the GeForce Experience installed (not sure on mobile card support).

AMD has rapt or whatever it's called now DVR recording. Should support 7xxx,2xx,3xx GPU.

Or go OBS. I find it the best once you set it up properly it's by far one of the better ones. You need to set it up properly so you can get the full experience with OBS with the best results depending on your hardware.
 
This ^
GTX 6xx,7xx,9xx will support shadow play if you have the GeForce Experience installed (not sure on mobile card support).

AMD has rapt or whatever it's called now DVR recording. Should support 7xxx,2xx,3xx GPU.

Or go OBS. I find it the best once you set it up properly it's by far one of the better ones. You need to set it up properly so you can get the full experience with OBS with the best results depending on your hardware.

Last time he posted he had gt variant card.
 
Last time he posted he had gt variant card.

Oh man that is really low end. I'm about 99% sure then he can't use shadowplay then. Worth a shot tho if he can because it has been one of the least stressful click and go recording software I have seen.

I would give OBS a shot and see if he can offload the recording to the iGPU then.
 
I would NEVER USE FRAPS, its crappy, heres my opinion.
Fraps Pros and cons
Pros:Good video quality
Cons:Cost money, large video size, ( i tested and 4 minuents was 4 gigs!), records in very weird and old formats.
I personally use the free program OBS (Open Broadcasting Software)
Pros of OBS: Free, can be used to capture recordings voice webcams or multible game taps all at once, can live stream with twitch, small video size
CONS: hard to set up (can be easy with a quick google of how to )
 

Latest posts

Back
Top