Battlefield 4 Monitor suggestions

BDogg916

I made one post
Joined
Jan 24, 2016
Messages
14
Im looking to buy a new monitor. I want to spend $200 or less. Any suggestions?

It's okay to laugh... I currently use this, so anything is an upgrade at this point.
 
Are you looking for HDMI? DVI? Or even DisplayPort? Any particular size you have in mind? I picked up an AOC 24" 144Hz monitor from Amazon for around 250 shipped.
 
Last edited:
Well for starters what type of GPU do you have? Like Tuna said, what type of connector are you looking for: HDM, DVI, DP, or *gasp* VGA? Do you prefer TN panels or IPS? I'm personally a huge fan of IPS and can't stand using TN panels. What size do you want? For a 1080p monitor anything above 24inches (the sweat spot for 1080p monitors imo) starts to look stretched.

For 200 USD you aren't going to probably get a monitor with 1440p, 144hz, or under 3ms response time (unless you can find a crazy good deal) so you'll be looking at something with 1080p, 60hz, and 4-5ms. (anything w/ under 5ms response time isn't really worth it for gaming).

This is the monitor I currently have (saving to get an ASUS ROG PG279Q) and it'd say it's pretty good. Only complaint I have is stock colour calibration is meh out of the box. Acer doesn't calibrate their non-gaming/2k/4k monitors before they ship them like Dell does. If you can calibrate a monitor (not very hard tbh) or aren't really big on colour reproduction then this isn't an issue.

If you want a under 200 USD monitor with 1080p, 60hz, IPS monitor, and under 5ms response time I'd recommend it.

Also side note for picking a monitor brand:
Dell makes amazing (and expensive!) monitors with great colour reproduction but they have horrible response time most of the time and I wouldnt really use them for gaming.
Acer makes great mid-range, IPS, and 4k/ultrawide monitors their quality though is a little meh compared to other manufactures.
ASUS makes the best TN Panels (lacking in good monitors in the IPS area though) and they have a lot of high quality monitors for all price and size ranges.
BenQ makes great monitors (their 1440p monitors are amazing) but can range on the pricey side.
LG is pretty alright imo, they make pretty good IPS monitors with alright colour reproduction out of the box. They don't make a lot of "gaming" monitors though with high response time / hz. Their 4k monitors are amazingly pretty though.
 
Last edited:
Look up the AOC G2460PQU Monitor. It even dropped in price on Amazon. Very bright and crisp.
 
My GPU is a R9 270X. I currently use HDMI but was told it is better to use DVI? My current monitor (tv :/) is a 32" and it's a little too big. I think 24" would ideal. Thanks for the brand explanations, that definitely helps.

@Tuna: I really like the sound of that monitor. This is gonna be a gift for my bday from my fiance, and 200$ is usually our bday limit. I'm gonna try to get her to stretch that this year X).

@Shadow: I'll probably get that monitor you have if my fiance isn't wanting to spend the extra $$$ for tuna's suggestion.
 
My GPU is a R9 270X. I currently use HDMI but was told it is better to use DVI? My current monitor (tv :/) is a 32" and it's a little too big. I think 24" would ideal. Thanks for the brand explanations, that definitely helps.

@Tuna: I really like the sound of that monitor. This is gonna be a gift for my bday from my fiance, and 200$ is usually our bday limit. I'm gonna try to get her to stretch that this year X).

@Shadow: I'll probably get that monitor you have if my fiance isn't wanting to spend the extra $$$ for tuna's suggestion.

Check this out for the differences between HDMI and DVI. They can essentially send the same signals through their respected cables, however, DVI doesn't really do audio. It can, but its more easily and widely supported in HDMI. So, as far as resolution, it's not tooooooo different.

If it's a gift for your birthday, perhaps you can pay on your own for the difference.
Right now, on Amazon, it's 239.00. Coming from me, I would strongly recommend getting something that is LED/120Hz or more if you can do it. Sure, you can get yourself a monitor within the "sweet spot" size of 23-25" LCD and pay around 100-120 bucks. But if you find yourself desiring a nice, smooth gameplay to push that R9 270X, especially if you do vast amounts of PC gaming, definitely see if you can swing towards a faster response/refresh rate.

And for a video review?
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECmq17BtgUc[/ame]
 
Wow... I want to upgrade tooooooo... I want that ROG monitor!!! LOL I was also looking into the 2k\4K monitors...
 
a 144hz monitor is 100% worth it. I played counter-strike on my friends computer with his, and it's a big difference.
 
So, after a little while without being able to play BF4 (birthday, in-laws in town), IM BACK!.

AND, after showing my fiance this forum of suggestions, she didn't pick what people said.... (she likes shopping in stores, she's the type that likes the in-store experience). Anyways. She still got an amazing monitor (around the specs of your guys' suggestions):

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-cables-_-na-_-na&Item=N82E16824009642&cm_sp=

What do you guys think?
 
The best monitor I can reccomend period for 1920 x 1080 would be the Asus PG248QE monitor
24 in screen, 144 Hz, 1 ms response
 
Definitely consider Atron Vision for your monitor. Firstly they are a sponsor of EGO, and have allowed some users to test out their monitors. From what I have heard they are phenomenal. http://www.atronvision.com/ they specifically make high end, high refresh rate, gaming monitors.
 
I pickup this one, I don't think that it has a G-sync, but it's running at 144mhz.. need to get used to it,,, ASUS VG278HE 27" from Amazon Warehouse deals...$286...
 
hello Bdogg916

there is a meeting this Thursday, on Team speak we have a new sponsor and there offering new screen maybe you can get something there if you come to team speak, its just an idea if that helps.
 
Definitely consider Atron Vision for your monitor. Firstly they are a sponsor of EGO, and have allowed some users to test out their monitors. From what I have heard they are phenomenal. http://www.atronvision.com/ they specifically make high end, high refresh rate, gaming monitors.

I second this! 209 to start with plus another 10% off.

The only question would be reliability.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top