Event changes

stewie574

EGO Zealot
Joined
May 5, 2010
Messages
1,755
Due to recent event attendance, the EC team and Leadership have decided to cut back on events during the week. Our intent isn't to punish the division by hosting less events, but we'll be cutting back to test the waters with some ideas. Hopefully our ideas will help spark interest and get the attendance back up. Here are our ideas:

1. Realism will be hosted every other week. Be sure to check this thread and vote on what time you want Realism to be held.

2. With this Realism change, we're also going to pick the maps prior to the event and make up some backstories for the event as a mini campaign. We're also going to ask some members to be the CO's for the event.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE A CO: Feel free to PM me if you would like to be one. We're looking for members who are regulars to our events, especially Realism. Please be sure that if you volunteer to be one that you show up on time and are able to stay for the duration of the event.

3. We will have one event a week alongside a server filling event.



Feel free to leave your comments below if you have any ideas or suggestions.
 
Last edited:
Sounds interesting!

Hopefully with Summer break around the corner for schools/colleges we'll have some more people.

A couple questions, for clarification:

What's the latest time that people should/could volunteer to be CO? (This I ask in the event of possible last minute occurances that may make a player absent)

- With map-picking, I'm assuming that's conjoined (for lack of a better word) with the CO idea where COs will help pick them, similar to a Campaign?

Thanks for everything you guys do!
 
Sounds interesting!

Hopefully with Summer break around the corner for schools/colleges we'll have some more people.

A couple questions, for clarification:

What's the latest time that people should/could volunteer to be CO? (This I ask in the event of possible last minute occurances that may make a player absent)

- With map-picking, I'm assuming that's conjoined (for lack of a better word) with the CO idea where COs will help pick them, similar to a Campaign?

Thanks for everything you guys do!

At the latest I would say a day or so in advance (unless Leadership or Glue have a better idea). Obviously it can't be helped if there's an emergency or something comes up. We need to know in advance so we can get the story written up and get maps selected. We would ask the CO's for map recommendations, so they get to play a map they want. If they don't have one, then we would pick it.
 
I would like to volunteer to be a stand in if any CO's cant make it. You can tell me a day before, ten minutes before, or after we've started, I care not. Just to keep it in your pocket that if someone is a no-show, you can count on me. I like the idea of a back story. You should pick Green Beret's brain for some ideas. He is a huge history buff and has some experience with the story/map combo, if any of you remember the 'Lost diaries of a Soldier' event that we did a few years ago.
 
I would like to have CO's and there backups in place by this Saturday, it gives us a week to create a backstory around each CO. CO's will be allowed to choose the maps for each round of Realism. (With our approval of course)

This will be the normal routine from here on, Realism will be every other weekend, and the off weekends we will have locked down our CO's and the maps, so that (if desired CO's can plan some strategy to make Realism more fun and organized.
 
I would like to have CO's and there backups in place by this Saturday, it gives us a week to create a backstory around each CO. CO's will be allowed to choose the maps for each round of Realism. (With our approval of course)

This will be the normal routine from here on, Realism will be every other weekend, and the off weekends we will have locked down our CO's and the maps, so that (if desired CO's can plan some strategy to make Realism more fun and organized.

I like this idea. Just a little extra spank on a fun event. Thats right, I said spank.
 
congrats ahead of time to CO's, I will work on making it at whatever time is chosen and wil have my comp cooled so it won't crash until after. but usually anymore its good after a cold start. Still think the processor is damaged.
 
Keep in mind everyone, that this could change if attendance improves. Make sure you are inviting people to our events, members or not. If we can have full team realism, we can go back to doing it every weekend (when possible)

But we need to see effort from our members first. :thumbup1:
 

Latest posts

Back
Top