Mop's PISSED >=(

masterofpuppets

PANCAKES GO!
Sr. Manager
Joined
Mar 7, 2007
Messages
2,777
I had to stop and put some gas in my Civic on the way to work this morning. For 87, it was freaking $3.25 a gallon! WHAT THE HELL?!?!?!?!

Before I got ride tomorrow I have to top off the VROD and 93 was $3.55. Good lord.

oilpricesfirstborn.jpg
 
SUCKAs!!!!

In korea we dont have to pay any extra stuff!! Our gas for 1 gallon is $2.40!!

HAHHAHA Korea has it Advatages :)

but if you get gas off base it cost like $4.50 a gallon....so on base is the way to go!

and no i wont ship gas to u.
 
[quote1207927172=Volcom]
SUCKAs!!!!

In korea we dont have to pay any extra stuff!! Our gas for 1 gallon is $2.40!!

HAHHAHA Korea has it Advatages :)

but if you get gas off base it cost like $4.50 a gallon....so on base is the way to go!

and no i wont ship gas to u.
[/quote1207927172]

Wait. They don't charge tax on base? I wish I would have known that when I was working for the military. I drive past the local Air Force Base every morning.
 
I miss having mil tags on my car.

I'd get cheap gas at CostCo, but the lines are terrible.
 
I use 91, just put in 20 bucks. If you run out put another 20 in. There isn't much you can do about gas prices. it sucks! But in reality there isn't much you can do.

Kinda sucks that when price of OIL goes up. The gas price goes up. But the oil/gas that is already made in the pumps. HAVE ALREADY BEEN PURCHASED!!! So WHY raise the prices on the gas that are already at the pumps. Raise the damn price when you use the high priced OIL that you purchased when the damn oil was high. Don't over charge us for the damn gas that has already been BOUGHT!!

UGGH i hate money.
 
Makes me wish I was still in my Sentra. That thing could go forever without needing a refill. My mustang gets pretty good MPG for a sports car, but it's still painful.
 
Actually, there's lots you can do. Consolidate your trips, keep your tires inflated, etc. Simple maintenance gives you better gas mileage. Also, if your State (like California) has an aging hippy population preventing the use of nuclear energy, write your state legislators and federal representatives letting them know you support the construction of modern nuclear reactors to reduce our foreign petroleum consumption. If we can drop it 10%, demand and price will be significantly reduced.

Edit: If you're afraid of nuclear power, France uses it for 70% of their energy production with no mishaps. It works, and it could make a huge difference in your gas and electricity bill.
 
Yah, I'm still working on my car-sized reactor. The problem is, every time I get close to getting it finished, the skin sluffs off my hands.
 
Oh, and take some time to beat your local hippies so they can't whine about the cleanest most abundant source of power available to us.

*twitches*
 
Okay, now that was silly. I don't want this to get into a debate or delve into politics--this is just my favorite solution of many.

What I mean is if we use fewer petroleum products to generate our electricity, that will cut the cost of all petroleum products due to reduced demand in general, which translates down to gasoline, too.

When it comes to alternative fuel vehicles, as gas gets more expensive, we have fuel cells (hydrogen is too expensive to make their use economical yet), compressed natural gas engines (this is mined in the United States and requires no refining, so is cheaper than gasoline) and even compressed air engines (these are new and fairly experimental--not produced commercially yet).

My point is there are solutions.

For today, keep those tires inflated and check your air filter. Sounds small, but it helps.
 
Want to know the best solution considering most people don't need to drive 300+ miles in a day? Electric cars are really the best way to go.

But nuclear power is also a good solution for taking the nation's oil dependence down a signficant amount.
 
ok, in the UK its like £1 a LITRE! if im not a total screw up at maths thats like $8 a gallon
 
Lafin, you and I were typing simultaneously--I completely agree.

Johnny, you're right, too and electric car technology has come a long way since the 90's. Since you still have to generate the power for them, though we're going to need those reactors. Also, some modern designs may be able to produce hydrogen as part of their cycle, too, so that would increase the supply for fuel cell use.

I've totally hijacked this thread, though. Back to the price of gas. It sucks!
 
The only cars I own are a '74 Charger and an '83 El Camino :( I just don't drive anymore unless I absolutely have to which sucks, as driving is like my number one hobby :(
 
Hijacking is fun though!

It just boggles the mind that there would be such opposition to new plants. It's an almost limitless power source that when managed properly is clean and cheap. And the sooner we get new plants up the sooner the plants sporting 30 year old equipment can be dismantled.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top