a hard spot and a rock

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused as to what you are trying to post here Nutz. help me please.
 
He is saying that sometimes people see things in different ways. In this case, something that may help people can be seen as bad to others.

In this case, if it happens on the servers, please don't bring it up in the middle of the game. Make a formal post about it in the forums or private message an admin.
 
He's referring to a player name ("Medical Marijuana"). So, the issue that came up was whether or not that's acceptable. As Digital said, feel free to discuss something like that with us in private, but please not in public chat - it makes it harder for the admins to do their job if the pubs see arguments among clan members.

Actually, in this case, the council would probably be a better place to bring this discussion - we as eGs only enforce the rules as we interpret them, we don't create the rules.

Anyways, I think this issue was already resolved in game. See ya in-game Nutz :).
 
This post is unnecessary. No disrespect to either the admins or to you nutz, but this has no place in our organization.
 
I totally respect all the admins and what they bring to eGO-not only as players, but as keepers of the eGO tradition-good clean gaming. I was in-game when this occurred, and it was distracting. I see both sides-what's in a name versus being asked to change a name to play on a particular server. Props to the admins for handling this-props to Nutz for getting over it. It can't be easy to be on a server playing and trying to have a good time, while also trying to keep tabs on all written and verbal conversations, and people's names...that's ALOT to keep track of!

I'm new here-but I definitely picked the right clan to be a part of!

Keep up the good work admins!
 
[quote1207989912=HoosTrax]
He's referring to a player name ("Medical Marijuana"). So, the issue that came up was whether or not that's acceptable. As Digital said, feel free to discuss something like that with us in private, but please not in public chat - it makes it harder for the admins to do their job if the pubs see arguments among clan members.

Actually, in this case, the council would probably be a better place to bring this discussion - we as eGs only enforce the rules as we interpret them, we don't create the rules.

Anyways, I think this issue was already resolved in game. See ya in-game Nutz :).
[/quote1207989912]

It's great for my glucoma!

Just kidding:)

On a more serious tone, Nutz is right. It's always better to deal with such issues in private. Taking a stand or debating in a public forum on a server could give the wrong impression.
 
I agree, game servers are for playing the game. I'm always impressed how eGO handles situations like these. Which is why I'm more proud everyday I'm a part of this community.
 
I think this would fall under a political name more than a drug reference. It's presence in our servers would stand only to bring up a discussion that detracts from pure gaming, and skews into an issue divided between two camps, warranting only knee-jerk reactions and a flamewar. Regardless about how I feel on topics like politics, religion or sexuality, none of them have a place in the servers, and I appreciate eGO upholding some civility. It reminds me of a conversation I had with my grandfather's friend when he said "When I served in the Navy, the captain said that the discussion of politics and religion were forbidden on his ship". We're all brothers (and sisters) in TF2 arms, so let's not divide our unity *war cry*
 
Thank you for the comments. Illegal drug references are not permitted on our servers. Marijuana is illegal in many jurisdictions, including in U.S. Federal law. Ergo, it is not okay on our servers, whether "medical" comes before it or not. Any admin seeing this name would be expected to act regardless of his or her position on the issue. Thank you.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top