Do you agree with the new rule regarding language?

Do you agree with the new rule regarding language?

  • Yes

    Points: 218 38.3%
  • No

    Points: 192 33.7%
  • It does not matter to me

    Points: 159 27.9%

  • Total voters
    569
I have mixed feelings on this rule, in a way I joined ego for the no cussing rule but at the same time I'm fine with people cussing my only real issue is the amount of disrespect that has come with the rule change.
 
Oddly, no.
Personally, I swear like a...well, a cranky old Army grunt.
I'm known to scream at my computer while playing even.

But I keep it out off the game itself.
The reason I like the older, more draconian rule about swearing is that the EGO focus is on making all our servers "family friendly" and open to all ages and types of players.

The idea of allowing "some" swearing, but not "targeted" makes it all very subjective in interpretation.
So not only are we opening the door to "Well, if I can swear a little, then I can swear all I want", we're also going to have a FLOOD of arguments from everyone that gets dinged for insulting with their automatic defense & hurt feelings claiming that they weren't targeting or insulting anyone.

I just think it's going to end up with far more hassle and confusion (and frustration on our part) than the simple blanket rule of "no cursing" at all.
Black & White rules are just far simpler to work with than subjective ones.
 
Thank you for making a poll on this! However, I am disappointed with the current results. If this poll were introduced when the policy FIRST came out, I think there would be a lot more people going with "No". One of the things I am most disappointed about is how many members are accepting the rule because it supports what modern culture is. In my opinion, modern culture is getting worse and worse. The fact that such a wonderful community like eGO has decided to change with the times is discouraging. Servers are an unpleasant place to play thanks to the policy; because of this, Steelbilly and I have considered leaving eGO and going to a community of mature people who keep gamers and servers friendly family. Any chance we can get rid of this policy (at least in one division)?

:blink:

So the poll is "more accurate" now because people have a chance to see the impact on the community? BUT the results would be the same if it were up the day of the change?

Cool logic, bro.

I do agree with Derpy that the poll results would likely be different if put to a vote while this was a hot topic last month and there was wide-spread dissension (within our division, anyway). I also agree that fear of a large margin in disagreement with the policy change because of the timing was likely one of the reasons the poll was delayed until now. However, that did not happen, so it isn't fair to speculate for anyone in favor of (or against) the policy change on what might have been.

I would rather see the poll late than never and commend leadership for finally allowing to happen. It still provides a good look at where the community's head is at and was brave on their part for putting it up - albeit a bit strategically late, perhaps ;) I grudgingly admit that there IS a value add for folks to see how (or how little) this has impacted the community, so I see the logic in that.

Regardless of your stance on the policy change, sarcastic, snarky, ad hominem attacks on other community members that do not share your views does little to prove your point. It just makes you look like a jerk :P




I'm late but....

Amen to that.
 
Don't really like it. Enjoyed being able to game without having to hear nonsense, directed or not. It distracts from the game, imo. I mean, I'll follow it, but the rule was something that I think made our servers really stand out. Not many places offered that for people, young or old. This will get rid of that safety net for some people.
 
Weep has a point. We have already seen a few members leave because of this policy change. Now, in the long-term, I suspected that it will allow us to go faster. I've seen so many people go, "No language? F*** your Christian f***ing server." The problem is that the language rule serves as a barrier against toxic people in the community. When people are mature enough to accept our rules, we recruit them. Everyone has always told me recruiting is quality over quantity. We want the best people possible to be involved the community. Abandoning the language rule contradicts that.

Agree with this 100%. I'm really hoping that this might get overturned.
 
Mine is not to reason why,
mine is but to do and die...

I never liked that quote, but it gets the job done.
 
Yesterday my time I tried CS_GO first time since it was updated.There was a couple of admins and and a lot of players, the language and conversation was so bad and so was the disrespect. I was abused by a couple of players and as it was late for me I told the other admins I would leave because if I stayed some of these players would be walking, I left but be sure I will return when I have more time to enjoy the game. And no I do not like this new policy as I believe it leaves all admins in doubt as to when or if to take action.
EGO is now no different from any other bad server but I will remain as I have made some good friends here and my doctor who ask's about my gaming and ego every visit tell's me it is good for me.. :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:




LONDON BLITZ
 
And no I do not like this new policy as I believe it leaves all admins in doubt as to when or if to take action.

It's up to you, the admin, when to say "That's excessive." They are giving you some room to admin. They are allowing you to relax and to enjoy the game, but to make sure that punks are kept out. Leadership gave you admin, trusting you with your decisions on how to admin a situation correctly. If you feel that you are uncomfortable admining under this rule, I highly suggest to talk your divisional leadership and they can go more in-depth on the issue, hopefully clearing it up.

There was a couple of admins and and a lot of players, the language and conversation was so bad and so was the disrespect. I was abused by a couple of players and as it was late for me

The disrespect policy didn't change. Honestly, this is where I think most people are confused and not listening. Disrespect is still not tolerated and will result in a warn, kick, then ban.
 
Dear DAA,
Having been an admin for about nine years I can adjust to this new policy but I still think it is wrong and we should be given a number that is classed as "excessive" as some admins think all swearing is excessive.
Also some admins in their private lives maybe punks and so this new policy will allow them to play as they wish which would not be good foe ego.


LONDON BLITZ
 
Language

Well, I did not care when it was not allowed, but now I do care that it is allowed. Matured and now the rules turn against me. :mad:
 
I do not agree with it. in fact I trhink it just makes people act even more foolish I have little tolerance for people cursing all the dang time like they have nothing better to say, if people wouldn't go all sausage party with the language in the first place we would not have had to have a rule for it in the first place. I def do not see how changing this policy makes us anymore ideal of a server, or gaming community.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top