- Joined
- Jun 21, 2016
- Messages
- 1,034
Notice: chapter 4 had the wrong character name (lol) it is now fixed in the forum post and in the below pdf
Haven't read the previous chapters? Want to read a double spaced pdf? Click here
Interested in supporting my writing? Click here
Haven't read the previous chapters? Want to read a double spaced pdf? Click here
Chapter Five: The Culprit
“Please don’t shoot I'm unarmed! You are wearing Detective Agency uniforms so I hope I can trust you. My name is Victor of the E.G.O. and I would like to know what is happening here”. Larry spoke up saying “This place is rigged to get rid of all our research and confidential information. We should leave now and ask questions later, unless you want to end up like a roasted marshmallow”. He then grabbed Victor by the arm and dragged him off while signalling the others to follow with his other hand. They walked quickly down a path and arrived at Victor’s car. Larry ordered him to unlock the car and drive them to a safe house. The car ride to the safe house was long and quiet except for when Angel tried to comfort Victor in the tense situation. “We aren’t going to hurt you or anything. It’s just been a rough and traumatic day for us and we would like some time to let it all soak in. Feel free to ask what ever questions you like when we arrive. Just know that as a rival agency we will not answer any confidential questions regarding our agency”.
They arrived at the safe house around eight pm that night. The safe house was an old run down apartment complex owned by a private contributor to the Detective Agency. It has never been used and only key members knew about it so it was possible the information had been leaked already, but not likely. “Alright now, I think it’s time so ask away” said Angel. “I will get right to the point, what happened in Great View? How does that relate to what happened at your compound? What really happened at the compound? What do you plan to do?” questioned Victor. Larry and Angel did not really know much about Great View so they glanced at Stan and SJ. SJ spoke up for Stan and did his best to answer all the questions. “I first met Stan in Great View. We had been apart of a mass killing brought about by weapons just showing up outside and rumors of murders amongst the town. People got scared and suspicious of each other. I holed up by myself until I ran into Stan and Thomas. Thomas turned out to be one of the culprits and died in Great View. Stan had also met Koga an operative of the Detective Agency who later died and that is why we left Great View in seek of answers and protection. When we got to their compound we were arrested and questioned and during the interrogation led by Elwood himself the alarm sounded and the lights went out. Eventually we got to the armory where it turns out the co-executive Jason betrayed the agency and attacked us. He got killed by one of Elwood’s guards but Elwood died during the conflict. Larry and Angel are both Elwood’s personal guards and seem trustworthy. I do remember now that we check a the body of one of the culprits in Great View and he had an ID for Jason. I don’t really know why he would fake his death.”. Larry, Angel, and Stan all confirmed what SJ had said and then they all looked at Victor for his response.
Victor spoke up and let them know what he has learned from investigating the scene at Great View. “The E.G.O. has learned who is responsible for everything. I do not agree with this hiding information stuff so I will tell you who it is. The Traitors cult that has been hidden for a long time is the group behind everything that has happened. They despise the security corporations and based on what happened at the Detective Agency, it is safe to say that they were hidden for so long because they had a plan in motion that entire time leading to today. You mentioned tracking the culprits down and I would to help you with that”. “Could you give us some time to talk privately?” asked Larry. “Sure thing” replied Victor. The group split apart and Victor walked down the hall. The four talked about what they were going to do until they came upon a general consensus. They all wanted to get revenge for what was done and solve the mystery of why it all happened. Angel got up and went to tell Victor their decision. “I think it’s a little late to do anything for now so you guys go get some sleep. Angel and I will take turns keeping watch tonight. This place is old enough already just make sure you don’t spill water on the carpet, but that is a story for another time”. The time was eleven pm and Larry had the first watch. Angel said they would switch off every two hours. The night was almost perfect. The two switched at one am and later were about to switch again when…
“Please don’t shoot I'm unarmed! You are wearing Detective Agency uniforms so I hope I can trust you. My name is Victor of the E.G.O. and I would like to know what is happening here”. Larry spoke up saying “This place is rigged to get rid of all our research and confidential information. We should leave now and ask questions later, unless you want to end up like a roasted marshmallow”. He then grabbed Victor by the arm and dragged him off while signalling the others to follow with his other hand. They walked quickly down a path and arrived at Victor’s car. Larry ordered him to unlock the car and drive them to a safe house. The car ride to the safe house was long and quiet except for when Angel tried to comfort Victor in the tense situation. “We aren’t going to hurt you or anything. It’s just been a rough and traumatic day for us and we would like some time to let it all soak in. Feel free to ask what ever questions you like when we arrive. Just know that as a rival agency we will not answer any confidential questions regarding our agency”.
They arrived at the safe house around eight pm that night. The safe house was an old run down apartment complex owned by a private contributor to the Detective Agency. It has never been used and only key members knew about it so it was possible the information had been leaked already, but not likely. “Alright now, I think it’s time so ask away” said Angel. “I will get right to the point, what happened in Great View? How does that relate to what happened at your compound? What really happened at the compound? What do you plan to do?” questioned Victor. Larry and Angel did not really know much about Great View so they glanced at Stan and SJ. SJ spoke up for Stan and did his best to answer all the questions. “I first met Stan in Great View. We had been apart of a mass killing brought about by weapons just showing up outside and rumors of murders amongst the town. People got scared and suspicious of each other. I holed up by myself until I ran into Stan and Thomas. Thomas turned out to be one of the culprits and died in Great View. Stan had also met Koga an operative of the Detective Agency who later died and that is why we left Great View in seek of answers and protection. When we got to their compound we were arrested and questioned and during the interrogation led by Elwood himself the alarm sounded and the lights went out. Eventually we got to the armory where it turns out the co-executive Jason betrayed the agency and attacked us. He got killed by one of Elwood’s guards but Elwood died during the conflict. Larry and Angel are both Elwood’s personal guards and seem trustworthy. I do remember now that we check a the body of one of the culprits in Great View and he had an ID for Jason. I don’t really know why he would fake his death.”. Larry, Angel, and Stan all confirmed what SJ had said and then they all looked at Victor for his response.
Victor spoke up and let them know what he has learned from investigating the scene at Great View. “The E.G.O. has learned who is responsible for everything. I do not agree with this hiding information stuff so I will tell you who it is. The Traitors cult that has been hidden for a long time is the group behind everything that has happened. They despise the security corporations and based on what happened at the Detective Agency, it is safe to say that they were hidden for so long because they had a plan in motion that entire time leading to today. You mentioned tracking the culprits down and I would to help you with that”. “Could you give us some time to talk privately?” asked Larry. “Sure thing” replied Victor. The group split apart and Victor walked down the hall. The four talked about what they were going to do until they came upon a general consensus. They all wanted to get revenge for what was done and solve the mystery of why it all happened. Angel got up and went to tell Victor their decision. “I think it’s a little late to do anything for now so you guys go get some sleep. Angel and I will take turns keeping watch tonight. This place is old enough already just make sure you don’t spill water on the carpet, but that is a story for another time”. The time was eleven pm and Larry had the first watch. Angel said they would switch off every two hours. The night was almost perfect. The two switched at one am and later were about to switch again when…
Interested in supporting my writing? Click here
Last edited:











