Anime What are you currently watching?

Right now I am watching Naruto, and Attack On Titan. Going to start My Hero Academia, possibly Fruit's Basket, maybe Assassination Classroom, and there is a slight chance I watch Kill la Kill.:)
 
106389l.jpg


While I am not technically "watching" it as it has yet to be released, I'm actually looking forward to this. It is an upcoming film called Nakitai Watashi wa Neko wo Kaburu and has a screenplay from Mari Okada. If you've seen things like Maquia, Nagi no Asukara (@Simon because I know you like that one) or Anohana, she worked heavily on those projects with their screenplays/scripts. So I expect some solid drama from it if nothing else.
 
_MEGA _MEGA saw that trailer! It's been on my list and definitely excited for it. I just hate the delays on movies coming out, then waiting another year to see them here :P
 
Yeah I'm looking forward to it. I believe it is being released on Netflix directly, so you might have access to it pretty quick (at least in Japan it should be there the day of release). I'll probably grab my girlfriend's netflix account for this when it comes out. Could just play it off as "Oh sorry, I thought this was the medical drama we've been watching. A common mistake. We already started so might a well finish." Works every time I'm sure. Another movie I'm looking forward to is the Demon Slayer film in October. Hopefully that is still on schedule for a theatrical release.
 
Ermagersh _MEGA _MEGA now you've got me wanting to watch another thing also sad to see your take on tenki no ko but each to their own tbh (late response but i just saw it the other day)
Simon Simon did you ever finish pet girl of sakurasou

Edit: completely forgot about demon slayer movie mention by you mega and really can't wait for it and ngl sad and happy at the same time that i read and finished the manga
 
Last edited:
Hinata Hinata I watched all of Sakurasou in just 2 days. I loved it so much. Such a wonderful cast of misfits trying to find their place.
 
Damn Simon and yes agreed bunch of misfits who fit in with pretty much only each other. I also need to start getting back on watching anime more often again.
 
Just watched Erased and loved it, now I am starting Gurren Lagaan (I know, I should have watched these a long time ago)
 
Simon Simon Nakitai Watashi wa Neko wo Kaburu is out now on Netflix here in Japan. I would imagine it's out globally if it's being streamed directly. I plan on watching it a bit later tonight when I have the time. I'll leave my thoughts after I see it.
 
@ _MEGA it's international! I see it on Netflix here. I'll give it a shot too, let's see how it goes.
 
a4100d476c625e5574de397ab7072381.jpg


Rewatching Hibike Euphonium 2 right now with my girlfriend. This series is even more brilliant the second time around, pretty incredible character development, music, and good God is the animation and art just so flawless.

MV5BMTk1MGEzNWMtMDcwOC00YjFkLTk0ZTctYTRmMGNkNWM3YzU3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzgxODM4NjM@._V1_UY1200_CR85,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg


Girl(ish) Number is basically the story of an idiot trying to get through a terrible voice acting gig. It's pretty entertaining so far.

61zzUBCkHeL_large.jpeg


Dabbling here and there at Index II since I have to wait for more new Railgun episodes... they got heavily delayed due to the covid.

Been reading more lately though. I just flew through the box set of Bakuman volumes, doing some early Bleach now.
 
Just finished Elfen Lied, I think either Trigun or Space Dandy is next for me
 
Just recently got into anime so I just caught up with My Hero Academia and got into the manga. Started up Demon Slayer and so far enjoying it.
 
New seasons coming up - anything cool on your radar?

Deca-Dance is looking neat.
 
I've still go to binge watch last season's stuff. Though I'll probably try to watch The Misfit of Demon King Academy, but if it's anything like what The 8th son anime was, I'll probably drop it pretty quickly in favor of the manga.
 
Started Tokyo Ghoul. After the 2nd episode, I was kinda meh about it. Forced myself into the 3rd and now I am hooked.
 
It's been a bit, but I have dinged a few things off the list..

I completed...

85434l.jpg


Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid tells a wonderful story of a group of dragons trying to live in the human world. The characters are super lovable, and there's a great message of love and family to it. S2 recently announced too!

11636l.jpg


I did a nice rewatch of my favourite manga, Beck. Forgot how fantastic the music was.

106253l.jpg


Playing catch up on Oregairu - time to start S3 soon, i just finished the second season. S2 was fantastic, really stepped a lot of things up from the first and delved more into drama. Excited to see where the conclusion lands for these characters.

88472l.jpg


Don't let the title of A Sister's All You Need nor the first 3 minutes of the show mislead you. The characters are quite good and it actually does a good job of showing the struggles of becoming an artist.

I have bunch of stuff on the go...

105520l.jpg


After a long hiatus Digimon Adventure: is back on it's feet. It actually started off kinda shaky I felt and didn't find it's footing, but after the hiatus I think it's really starting to hit it's stride. This will be going a while... we are at 10/66 episodes.

MV5BYmFjMmViZmEtYWE2NS00ZWFjLWI3NzUtMDkwZWZlMTE1NjMwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjc0ODMyMDc@._V1_.jpg


Hanasaku Iroha is absolutely lovely so far for me. It's made by one of my favourite studios, PA Works, and tells a nice story of a girl getting thrown into rural living with a mishmash of others with vastly different personalities, running an inn together.

86828l.jpg


Watching Gamers! with my girlfriend. First few episodes were cute, funny. Nice to see something I can relate to a little more - being a gamer/nerd among high schoolers who may frown upon it.

108292l.jpg


Just watch Uzaki-Chan Wants to Hang Out for the cat facial expressions. It's nothing groundbreaking but each week it's a fun, easy, entertaining watch of their ridiculous friendship.

107611l.jpg


Lapis Re:LiGHTs is my first stab at the idol genre. This is sort of like if you took a bunch of witches, sent them to Hogwarts, and then occasionally they sang. Actually if you took out the idol stuff, this show would stand on it's own two feet and be relatively fine and just be a nice show to see every week. Not that the idol bits are bad, they're just sorta thrown into each episode.

103287l.jpg


Railgun T, the third season, returns after it's 60 day hiatus. In past seasons the show has had a good first half then sorta dabbled in filler, but it's doing well so far post hiatus, for me. Little less hard plot driven but still enjoyable to see what Misaka is up to.
 
finished charlotte recently and just started watching angel beats. I've heard its a sad show but I was curious to watch it anyway. After i finish that probably going to watch bungou stray dogs but im not too sure yet
 
finished charlotte recently and just started watching angel beats. I've heard its a sad show but I was curious to watch it anyway. After i finish that probably going to watch bungou stray dogs but im not too sure yet
Charlotte and Angel Beats make me nostalgic

Watched through most of the 1st season of bungou stray dogs, never got around to continuing the show but from what I watched it was pretty good
 
Back
Top