What is the story behind your name?

Well my name is rather simplistic the "TOS" doesnt stand for terms of service as it always gets made fun of, it stands for "The Old Slammers" which was the first gaming group i joined on steam, they played alot of L4D2 and they were an older age group (normally 40's and up). I've kept the TOS in my name since the group founder had passed away a few years back as a sign of respect and an homage to the first group.
The Spacemarine part was because i was a huge(like <------------------------------------------------------------------> this HUGE) warhammer 40K nerd back then. i also played a metric ton of Starcraft and always played Terran (it wasnt my brightest idea. stupid zergling rushes) Needless to say those 2 games influenced my name and well its just stuck and very rarely does it deviate.
 
My name waviethekid aka wavie aka lil wavie aka whatever they used to be was because (little dark) drowned in the wave pool in mount Olympus amusement park, i was presumed dead by a paramedic before some miracle brought me back. so i wanted to include something with a wave in my name and i also wanted to start a music career, but normal wavy was taken, so i just went with an ie instead of a y.

hence forth~ waviethekid
 
Well My first Username was my RealName98. THen I used to watch Beyblade Metal Fusion before going to school as a kid and I LOVED the Name of the Dark Nebula Org. So I changed my Online name to DArkNebula98. Now the stroy of the Capitol A in DArk was just a typo but I saw it and thought it looked cool af so I kept it as my trademark. But a year later I started Youtube and didnt want a corny Number name as my Youtube channel name so after lots of thinking and wanting to keep DArk in my Name and my Love for Space, I changed my name to DArkVortexGaming. After years of having that as my Name and being inactive on Youtube I wanted something shorter and Better sounding. Of course I had to keep some form of DArk in the name. I changed my name to DArzakGaming for only a few days and Found I didnt like it at all, so I went back to DVG. After getting into College, I started playing these MMOs in which I love giving my Characters real names, I wanted to keep DArk in the name. SO i messed around on Google Translate for an hour and some way came to the name of DArkais. SO I changed my name on Youtube to DArkaisGaming. But after careful thinking removed 'Gaming' from my name as I got tired of feeling like a Typical gamer kid. SO thus concludes my Story, the story.... of DArkais!
 
So my name is my IRL name but... with a "y" at the end. I know very creative
 
I guess I hadn't responded to this thread, though I have told the story multiple times.

My earlier name was Shortstack, as I was one of the shorter/younger customers at the comic book store I used to frequent. I played a lot of CS:GO at the time, and Shortstack wasn't a good name to have for obvious reasons, and I was in love with the AR-15/M16 Platform at the time (It 's only changed to the AR-10 platform since then) so I chose M4A1-S mostly because it was Iconic in CS:GO and I would use it every chance I got. One of these days I might just drop it to just M4 as everyone calls me that anyway, but I'm too lazy to do so. Plus the -S doesn't have to be for the suppressor, it could be for -Sherman for the M4A1 Sherman tank, so there's that.
 
My online gaming name has been "killyourfacego" for as long as I've been playing games. The main issue is that it's 14 characters long and some platforms wouldn't let me use the full name. Because of this, I've shortened it to "kyfg" for most things online. This has resulted in a hilarious amount of pronunciations of my name from "kuhfig" to "kiefig" to "kiefffjjj" but almost never the pronunciation I intended "kay-why-eff-gee" (hence my DS logon message).
 
As you can probably tell I am CheapjingJR. So yes there is an original Cheapjing and yes he is my dad (don't call him sr though)
 
my real name is Ricardo so I chose Ric lol..surprised i got it over a decade ago too when there used to be a lot of people on the forums
 
nitrogen is my favourite element, it was originally nitrosam, I tried making a fortnite account and nitrosam was taken so I said "im bout to nitrospam these developers" and now we're here
 
My name came from a rather inappropriate joke, so in order for me to become a gang member I had to alter it. Originally it was Buster Tryman, as no one would ever think that name up so its always available. Now it is just Buster as that is what everyone calls me.

(p.s. buster is just a name you call a delinquent so it serves a double purpose.)
 
Well I had a older brother whose account name was "sushi" so I figured to just copy and paste that for myself. Instead of "sushi", I chose "sooshi" which looks cooler to me.
 
So, I keep asking people why they chose their names and I was thinking why not make a thread about it so that I dont need to annoy the hell out of people anymore.

Let's start off with my name. I chose United Airlines because it was a meme a while ago. It was meant to be my name for a month or two until the meme died but I kept it.

Why did you choose your name?
I chose my name on a Snowy day in November when I first joined the eGO JB server. My name was originally Taco, but the admin Taco was on and I was told I could not have it and thats why I am named Snowy! - Stay Frosty
 
Back when I used to play FFXIV, I played as a miqo'te, a cat person race. While playing as this character, several friends and guildmates used to constantly call me Trashcat. Eventually it just became a nickname and I stuck with it.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top