Awps and Auto's

  • Thread starter Thread starter =(e)=™Hoban69
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then why ban them? The only reason most people dont like awps on servers is because they're no good at them.

I've never had an issue with awps on servers. On the contrary, no awps make the game too one dimensional. I'm not even good at awping. More often than not I'm on the receiving end of it, but the game just feels flat and incomplete without it.
 
Alright, what would you guys think of limiting the awps and autos to 1 per team? Fair trade off?
 
That would be fine, blackhawk. I dont see much point in limiting them at all, unless we're doing a 16K server, but I do agree that sometimes too many people use them. We could do that, I suppose.
 
I'm sorry but I still wouldn't play on the servers even if it was limited to 1 per team.
If it's part of the game, why remove it?
 
Most hate being AWPed, hence most aviod servers that has AWPs in conclusion no awps more players with awps less players.
 
It's not that I don't like them because I'm not good at them. What it be so hard to play without using ONE gun? I mean, you have a scout, just use that. I hate AWPs and I don't want them in the server. The servers are good enough without them.
 
i think the awps/autos should stay yes people get annoyed with the 1 shot kills but still they are apart of the game and restricting them to 1 a team wont abuse the power of them. and on maps like office you wont really camp in a corner with an awp cause people with just run u in circles with a pump shotty. Please dont ban the gun!!!
 
[quote1202059076=Konrad]
i think the awps/autos should stay yes people get annoyed with the 1 shot kills but still they are apart of the game and restricting them to 1 a team wont abuse the power of them. and on maps like office you wont really camp in a corner with an awp cause people with just run u in circles with a pump shotty. Please dont ban the gun!!!
[/quote1202059076]
Yeah, thats kind of the deal. We dont ban the snipers in DoD, but they are far more dominating in dod than awps are in CSS. If yall want to restrict them a bit like we do in DoD, that'd be fine, although I'd rather them not be restricted at all.

Nobody wants to restrict the engies in TF2, yet they are far more annoying than awps.

Just play the game how it was made. If the awp was really so overpowered and such, Valve would have taken it out a long time ago.
 
Angies and Awps are totally different, you CANNOT compare the 2. Tf2 is more TEAM based, whereas CSS can be skill based. I mean, I can just sit in long hall as a t and get kill after kill with an awp, do I feel like I am a good player after? No.

Why don't people who awp use the scout? God I remember when the scout used to have 1hit chest kills, they toned it down, it was way too powerful. Still, the scout runs faster than a knife, and is very accurate on the run.
 
Chair, you talk about Valve taking out the AWP, but I don't think you're remembering that CS was around for *years* before Valve got their hands on it. They left it (largely) unchanged. They tried one big change with the riot-shield in 1.6 when Steam was an infant, but that unbalanced the game so badly that they were *forced* to pull it.

The AWP performs the same as it did in the early game - and no matter how much people screamed for its removal the original modders didn't remove it then, either. It would seem to have little to do with how much people like or dislike it. The fact that its power has never been made more realistic tells a story of its own. One-hit kills for extremity shots is ridiculous.

I would be fine with one-shot kills for center-mass or head IF the rifle is zoomed, but the fact that people can use the awp as a run-and-gun rifle and kill in one hit... no way. It doesn't belong.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top