New Website Discussion

I don't know - I thought vBulletin's search function was quite powerful. There is a help page on it somewhere. Have you tried the advanced search?
 
I made superficial use of the search and it works great. In the hands of a skilled searcher it can do wonders.

And i do not remember voting, but the site works great for me. The divisions have the necessary separation, while the average things, which are not division dependent, are common to all divisions. I think it is an organic evolution to something better.
 
As per the pm I recieved, I will reply about stuff I do not like here.

#1 - firefox can't auto-sign me in, while it could with the other eGO sites; dunno if that is just a server side issue, or a template issue.

NEW #2 - I guess voting isn't anonymous, since someone could see my vote choice.

#3 - This has been fixed since I voted - no forums link up top, had to use the site navigation on the left side, rather small for my liking to just get to forums.

#4 - site is too long, the server listings should be shrunk down and made more uniform, or something along those lines.

#5 - the buttons up top do not look good, they look rather blurred in my opinion, and sort of 2001-ish.

Stuff I do like about it.

#1 - Speed, the site is really responsive as opposed to the one prior

#2 - layout, very smooth, easy colours, and rather happy about the collapsable side bars. (not sure if I have to do that all the time ATM.)

#3 - The shoutbox is very well done, updates VERY fast, and without reloading!


This is only my opinion, so take it with what you will, but please don't say I'm wrong...
 
As per the pm I recieved, I will reply about stuff I do not like here.

#1 - firefox can't auto-sign me in, while it could with the other eGO sites; dunno if that is just a server side issue, or a template issue.

I think this might be an issue with your firefox settings, or maybe something on your computer. I use firefox on any computer I touch...and all of them allow this site to auto-log in.
 
I think this might be an issue with your firefox settings, or maybe something on your computer. I use firefox on any computer I touch...and all of them allow this site to auto-log in.


I second that. I am signed in automatically.
 
i am not a person that cares much about how things look so its all good imo

only thing i have noticed thats a pain is that when pasting something or trying to do an alt code it does not like it (might be something my end)

all in all great job guys and thank you alot for your hard work \o/
 
As per the pm I recieved, I will reply about stuff I do not like here.

#1 - firefox can't auto-sign me in, while it could with the other eGO sites; dunno if that is just a server side issue, or a template issue.

NEW #2 - I guess voting isn't anonymous, since someone could see my vote choice.

#3 - This has been fixed since I voted - no forums link up top, had to use the site navigation on the left side, rather small for my liking to just get to forums.

#4 - site is too long, the server listings should be shrunk down and made more uniform, or something along those lines.

#5 - the buttons up top do not look good, they look rather blurred in my opinion, and sort of 2001-ish.

Stuff I do like about it.

#1 - Speed, the site is really responsive as opposed to the one prior

#2 - layout, very smooth, easy colours, and rather happy about the collapsable side bars. (not sure if I have to do that all the time ATM.)

#3 - The shoutbox is very well done, updates VERY fast, and without reloading!


This is only my opinion, so take it with what you will, but please don't say I'm wrong...


Could you explain #5? The buttons have very crisp edges and I don't understand what you're trying to say.
 
As per the pm I recieved, I will reply about stuff I do not like here.

#1 - firefox can't auto-sign me in, while it could with the other eGO sites; dunno if that is just a server side issue, or a template issue.

NEW #2 - I guess voting isn't anonymous, since someone could see my vote choice.

#3 - This has been fixed since I voted - no forums link up top, had to use the site navigation on the left side, rather small for my liking to just get to forums.

#4 - site is too long, the server listings should be shrunk down and made more uniform, or something along those lines.

#5 - the buttons up top do not look good, they look rather blurred in my opinion, and sort of 2001-ish.

Stuff I do like about it.

#1 - Speed, the site is really responsive as opposed to the one prior

#2 - layout, very smooth, easy colours, and rather happy about the collapsable side bars. (not sure if I have to do that all the time ATM.)

#3 - The shoutbox is very well done, updates VERY fast, and without reloading!


This is only my opinion, so take it with what you will, but please don't say I'm wrong...


Only council can do this. I'm not just someone.
 
The eGO site remembers me as long as I don't clear my cookies. I do not use the firefox 'remember password' function.
 
#1 - firefox can't auto-sign me in, while it could with the other eGO sites; dunno if that is just a server side issue, or a template issue.
.

It's neither, is a client issue.
Tools > options > privacy > cookies, make sure the boxes are checked.
 
As per the pm I recieved, I will reply about stuff I do not like here.

#1 - firefox can't auto-sign me in, while it could with the other eGO sites; dunno if that is just a server side issue, or a template issue.

NEW #2 - I guess voting isn't anonymous, since someone could see my vote choice.

#3 - This has been fixed since I voted - no forums link up top, had to use the site navigation on the left side, rather small for my liking to just get to forums.

#4 - site is too long, the server listings should be shrunk down and made more uniform, or something along those lines.

#5 - the buttons up top do not look good, they look rather blurred in my opinion, and sort of 2001-ish.

Stuff I do like about it.

#1 - Speed, the site is really responsive as opposed to the one prior

#2 - layout, very smooth, easy colours, and rather happy about the collapsable side bars. (not sure if I have to do that all the time ATM.)

#3 - The shoutbox is very well done, updates VERY fast, and without reloading!


This is only my opinion, so take it with what you will, but please don't say I'm wrong...

#1 Check your browser settings and make sure you aren't clearing your cookies after each session. I as well as many others have NO issues with FF on the new site. Pull up your FF options, under the Privacy tab, you'll see the cookies section. Make sure that retention is set for "until they expire". I'd be willing to bet that this is your problem.

#2 What ever made you think that it was anonymous in the first place?

#3 Actually, Forums link at the top is a good idea, but is it really that hard to click a link on the left side?

#4 This is why God invented scroll bars. You don't have to look at the whole site all together, just the portion that fits in your browser window. Conveniently enough, all the necessary navigation links are located at the TOP of the page, so you really have no need to scroll to the bottom, unless you really want to.

#5 Get a new monitor. Or make sure you're running at your monitor's optimal resolution. Or get glasses. Either way, they are not blurry for me on any of the computers I use, although all of my LCD monitors are running at their optimal resolutions. Things look weird if you're not running your LCD at it's optimal resolution, including making some portions of the screen look more blurry than others, depending on how the monitor does pixel duplication. That said, I don't think they look anything like the control panels on the Discovery One...
 
I may have run into the blurry problem that has come up. It has shown up a few times on my laptop, but usually with very old, imported threads.

I took a screenshot of two Firefox windows running next to each other. The left being the standard view, and the right being the weird fuzzy view. I am running Ubuntu on my laptop where the screenshots were taken, but I am pretty sure I have run into it on my Vista dekstop (also FF).

I have larger shots of both pages if needed.

[ame]http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk200/jjmoffitt/together.png[/ame]
 
Last edited:
I may have run into the blurry problem that has come up. It has shown up a few times on my laptop, but usually with very old, imported threads.

I took a screenshot of two Firefox windows running next to each other. The left being the standard view, and the right being the weird fuzzy view. I am running Ubuntu on my laptop where the screenshots were taken, but I am pretty sure I have run into it on my Vista dekstop (also FF).

I have larger shots of both pages if needed.

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk200/jjmoffitt/together.png

Hmm... that's interesting, actually. When I view the same thread on my computer, I don't see any blurriness. http://justinpedia.com/images/oldthread.png

There might actually be some weird rendering issues going on...

I'm running FF3 on Windows XP Pro, btw.
 
I don't see any reason for that happening on the server's end. The images are simple GIFs with no transparency. Perhaps FF3 has some weird issue?
 
Again, just thoughts of mine since I was asked to explain my choice. No harm in stating it, and I am willing to learn to like it. I love the servers and that should transition over to the site in no time :D


#1 Check your browser settings and make sure you aren't clearing your cookies after each session. I as well as many others have NO issues with FF on the new site. Pull up your FF options, under the Privacy tab, you'll see the cookies section. Make sure that retention is set for "until they expire". I'd be willing to bet that this is your problem.
**Checked the privacy tab, all appears in order as it hasn't changed since th site update, maybe something else, but it seems to be on my end, so I'll figure it out.

#2 What ever made you think that it was anonymous in the first place?
**I used to admin. a few forums, one with over 50,000 members at a time, I could never see, nor was it an option for me to see who voted for what. Felt it was a privacy thing, however, council members seeing it is a bit better in my eyes, but I'd still prefer full anonymity with it, just my thoughts.

#3 Actually, Forums link at the top is a good idea, but is it really that hard to click a link on the left side?
**It's not hard per say, more of an annoyance

#4 This is why God invented scroll bars. You don't have to look at the whole site all together, just the portion that fits in your browser window. Conveniently enough, all the necessary navigation links are located at the TOP of the page, so you really have no need to scroll to the bottom, unless you really want to.
**Again, annoyance on my part. and the things are collapsible, so that does fix things.

#5 Get a new monitor. Or make sure you're running at your monitor's optimal resolution. Or get glasses. Either way, they are not blurry for me on any of the computers I use, although all of my LCD monitors are running at their optimal resolutions. Things look weird if you're not running your LCD at it's optimal resolution, including making some portions of the screen look more blurry than others, depending on how the monitor does pixel duplication. That said, I don't think they look anything like the control panels on the Discovery One...
**Have a new monitor, perfect settings and good eyesight... the working within the boxes makes it look a bit blurry to me as opposed to say, the headings within the boxes on either side of the page (shoutbox, paypal, etc.)
 
time for my 2 cents:

I have been with a number of websites and i enjoy what they had to offer, and normally some do a server/website change. which usually ruins the site. but it seems that the move did not hurt the clan spirit.
 
I responded with a No, but only because I preferred the older layout. But who am I to judge? I've only been here a few weeks, and was only able to see the previous layout a handful of times. Upon further inspection, it looks great and there seems to be no flaws! Good work!
 

Latest posts

Back
Top