Not Planned [CS] Stop posting events

sopheyy

<3
Joined
Nov 23, 2010
Messages
1,957
I would like to minimize the spam that happens in the CS forum by ECs. Right now there's a new post every day about a single event and I believe that could be minimized by pinning a weekly event schedule.

So:
Remove daily event posts. Create a weekly schedule and edit it (pin it).
 
Last edited:
Upvote 1
sopheyy sopheyy

We have a system in which our ECs will post weekly schedules if they happen to do a week of events. For example, DeerFat will post a DeerFat week if he is hosting a consecutive week.
There is also this idea in which our ECs will post a weekly event schedule if there are enough events within the week to simplify it into one post. We have thought that if there are 5 or more events within the week, it should be worthy of a weekly schedule. This idea will be brought up again in our EC discussions. The reason why there hasn’t been a weekly schedule for some time is because there hasn’t been enough events within one week, therefore a daily post is adequate.

I would like to get to know why you think there is spam within the Counter Strike forum section and how event posts contribute to this spam as I personally haven’t seen this. I would like to know more information about this so that we can determine whether to remove individual event posts.
 
I like the suggestion, but personally I don't see any spam as Belt referred to in the above post. For months there have rarely been consecutive events of more than 3-4.
 
https://www.edgegamers.com/threads/364178/ global post example from when kuantum was trying this

heidi heidi if i get you bbcode can you do this weekly?

as for game subteams, do whatever works best for you

i'd suggest making a weekly post like OP
Breaking News wise, any LE are open to requesting news. If they get their dates planned ahead of time, and post weekly the 'chart' a day or two ahead of time in this forum. I am more than happy to put it on breaking news whenever needed. :3
 
Breaking News wise, any LE are open to requesting news. If they get their dates planned ahead of time, and post weekly the 'chart' a day or two ahead of time in this forum. I am more than happy to put it on breaking news whenever needed. :3
1642542123845.png


remember when ec's could request breaking news? pepperidge farm remembers
 
View attachment 9683

remember when ec's could request breaking news? pepperidge farm remembers
I really wasn't around for it :B Although,

EC's can let their manager know, we want to keep requesting news away from Discord DM and only via forums. Reminders via Discord are chill though.
 
We want to stay away from posting individual events on Breaking News (except for the big/special ones), this is the main reason why when the forums switched over, we didn't give EC's perms to request news again; instead, those resources are available to LE+. If you go back a while, you can see why ~ every other post was an event.

If there is someone that is LE and is willing to do what Architect linked in his first post (the global events calendar) and is willing to request it in the link that heidi provided, by all means, we can use the extra articles per week!

I'd also recommend what was the first suggestion, maybe adding a sticky thread to the CS forums & having the EC manager(s) reply to it weekly with a template of all the events for that week. You can look at how Minecraft does it, maybe use the template, change the image, and instead have it replied to a sticky thread so it's all in one place. This way, you can refer to that week's events via links, and it's much more organised.
 
Back
Top