Not Planned Land Economic Suggestions

MS

EGO Zealot
Joined
Dec 10, 2019
Messages
1,966
Hi all, this thread will cover two specific aspects in terms of the land economics of the Zombie server.

First: I suggest we add an upkeep charge per member of a town.
Second: I suggest we allow for purchasing of extra plot spots with money.

Going further into the first one, currently it is heavily encouraged to have many many players in your town. There is minimal downside to this, with the biggest one being "trust". Considering the massive advantage that having many players gives you in Towny, I suggest charging each town based both on the amount of plots it has and the amount of residents they have. For example, say we keep the $250/plot charge, but stack on a $100/resident charge. A town with 3 players and 5 plots would be charged $1550, whereas a town with 13 players and 3 plots would be charged $2050. This encouraged towns to manage their residents and have taxes, with each resident having to pay for themselves rather than just being armament.

For the second one, I personally am of course biased to suggest this. Currently towns are limited in terms of the maximum chunks they may claim purely based on the amount of residents they have. This results in small towns being restricted to 8-32 chunks vs large towns having upwards of 200 chunks (allowed). While this does make sense and is fairly balanced, I believe it would be a good addition to allow for smaller towns to increase the maximum chunks they have for a cost. You can read more about this here.

Please let me know your thoughts on this,
MSWS
 
Upvote 0
Going further into the first one, currently it is heavily encouraged to have many many players in your town. There is minimal downside to this, with the biggest one being "trust". Considering the massive advantage that having many players gives you in Towny, I suggest charging each town based both on the amount of plots it has and the amount of residents they have. For example, say we keep the $250/plot charge, but stack on a $100/resident charge. A town with 3 players and 5 plots would be charged $1550, whereas a town with 13 players and 3 plots would be charged $2050. This encouraged towns to manage their residents and have taxes, with each resident having to pay for themselves rather than just being armament
I believe the intended solution to this was adding 8 chunks per player although most ppl don’t even get more than 8 chunks, I find that the issue with this is inactive players if you were to have to tax ppl to pay for it, personally my town has multiple ppl that can only be on certain days and if we were forced to pay heavy taxes up front to pay for these few plots we have than they’ll just get booted. Not to mention that huge towns that are broke like coutnerstrike would die within days afterwards

Overall -1
 
I find that the issue with this is inactive players if you were to have to tax ppl to pay for it
The primary purpose of upkeep is to remove inactive towns. At the end of the day the town as a whole pays for the upkeep; taxes are simply one way that the Mayor could go about ensuring that their players are contributing to the town.

Not to mention that huge towns that are broke like coutnerstrike would die within days afterwards
This was an intended consequence. Large towns aren't necessarily negative, but ideally large towns should (logically) have more manpower and should be able to produce significantly more money than smaller towns.
 
he primary purpose of upkeep is to remove inactive towns. At the end of the day the town as a whole pays for the upkeep; taxes are simply one way that the Mayor could go about ensuring that their players are contributing to the town
I understand this but as I said there are towns like my own that ppl just aren’t on enough to put what they need to into the town in order to pay this, it seems like we’d lose A LOT of players that aren’t active every day
 
I will discuss this with my fellow MCLE, we'll see if we can make some changes.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top