Airsoft!

IceFox

I made one post
Joined
Feb 17, 2008
Messages
26
so i've been researching a lot about airsoft lately, and am interested in purchasing an all metal replica gas blowback pistol. anyone have recommendations for a beginner? i got this plastic spring pistol and i hate it!

also, thread is open to airsoft vs paintball. which you think is better? i've never played either :/
 
Airsoft > Paintball,

Also for a beginning airsoft player, I would reccomend an AEG (Automatic Electric Gun). Not a real expensive one if you're just starting off, but something that will get you used to the feel of an airsoft gun.
 
The metal replica's are clumsy and annoying to maintain. I'd have to agree with Zopy in getting an AEG for your first (real) gun. Also, are you going to play around with your friends in paintball type matches or do you want one just to show off?
 
Unless you're going to go after a Hi-Cappa, stay away from the metal guns. I had a KWA Glock 18C, semi and full auto, and I loved it. It feels real since Glocks aren't metal anyway. The only pistol I ever used that felt 'real' was a HardKick Hi-Cappa but it cost me as much as one of my AEG's.
 
Dont get me started on a paintball vs. airsoft discussion and how paintball OWNS airsoft....



I wouldnt start expensive right off the bat and another word of advice, dont order from airsplat. My brother ordered next day shipping, an extra 20 dollars, it took over THREE MONTHS to arrive, for an IN STOCK item.
 
I disagree on the AEG idea for a springer step up. My first non-spring was a gas Non-blowback Mk. 23. they'll run you a max of $40-$50 not 100-110. there gas sippers, so you dont have to buhy so much gas.

and on the aeg front, those things can get expensive if you want a good one, my UTG (a chinese manufacturer with mid-level guns) cost me 170ish if I remember correctly, and I like it and everything, but really not a good first gun.
 
hmm idk about AEGs unless i were to start playing real matches. they're too big to carry around and the ones i'd want to get (G36C, SCAR, UMP) are more expensive than pistols anyway. right?

i was just looking to collect maybe one or two pistols instead. none of my friends are into airsoft, so i'm just interested in being a collector. the realistic-ness of some of them seem nice, although i've never really held one. i was looking at the KJW p226, KJW M9, and WE Hi-Capa since they are full metal, but now i think i'll get the KWA glock 18c for starters.

lol i'm surprised how many of you are into airsoft. thanks for the advice.
 
Paintball > Airsoft

I got a airsoft rifle. And it's no fun :D Gief paintball.
Althought paintball is much more expensive.
 
Dont get me started on a paintball vs. airsoft discussion and how paintball OWNS airsoft....



I wouldnt start expensive right off the bat and another word of advice, dont order from airsplat. My brother ordered next day shipping, an extra 20 dollars, it took over THREE MONTHS to arrive, for an IN STOCK item.
Yea never order from airsplat. My brother ordered a gun and some bullets there, and they send him a broken gun, and a box of bullets with 5 bullets in it/5000. They charged him to send it back, and charged for them to send a new one.

Also I wouldnt recommend getting a pistol for airsoft if you are going to play with a bunch of other people. If they have machine guns/rifles you ares screwed with a pistol. Get a shotgun since its your first time, easy to use, powerful, big enough clip.
 
Hmm airsoft. Definitely the cheaper way to go as far as paintball is concerned.

Here's a hint: don't buy ANY gun that doesn't shoot at least 300-350 ft per sec. Anything less won't punish you opponents enough. In other words, single shot and 350 fps > automatic 250 fps. Believe me, you won't regret it.

And don't order online if you can help it. Try and find a local specialty store. Most will repair damaged guns for little to nothing. I had an MP5 break down beyond repair and the owner ended up giving me a new one for free.

If you do end up ordering online, look up "Tokyo Marui". They are the "Pepsi" of airsoft guns and don't break that easily.

AEGs are nice, but only the $200-$300 guns do any damage. They hurt like hell though so if you have the money go for it. Only get the ones with the metal guts.

Well that's my two cents.
 
I dunno, I have an AEG that's pretty punishing and cost me under $200. I've also got the UHC Super 9 (380 FPS w/ .2g) and I had to stop tuning in the accuracy in the house cause that was the first one to go in and out of a cardboard box and still leave dents in the wall. Not at all used to that happening. But as far as my AEG is concerned, I went with the UTG MP5. Not as powerful as the Super 9, but it's still 325 FPS w/ .2g. Plus it's automatic. Only $110. Personally, I think it's a gem. Comes with 2 stocks, both the collapsible and solid, I think 5 clips (I bought another 5 and taped them together reversed so I can flip the clip around and keep going), and 2 large twin (for lack of better word. Looks like 2 clips attached by a metal clip holder thing) windup clips. Those are kinda loud cause of the rounds rattling, but the smaller one holds 150 rounds and the larger holds 500.

As for metal blowbacks, don't forget they consume more gas than a non-blowback. Though no doubt they are much cooler. If you want to look real fancy you can go for one of the revolvers. Nothing oozes skill like a revolver. If you start playing DoD or already do, it might be fun to get the HFC C96 for novelty purposes. I would also like to point out the fun stuff that use gas, like the grenade launchers. If I remember correctly how some of them work is it launches a relatively large grenade shaped round at your opponent. These things have several holes where the rounds are housed. On impact it releases all those rounds, so yeah, that's probably gonna hurt.

Only other particular advice is in case you didn't know this already, never ever buy the paintball rounds for airsoft guns. They will pop inside your guns and ruin them. If you want to do paintball, get a real paintball gun. Don't try and blend both worlds by using paintball rounds in an airsoft gun. Like black raven said, go to Shorty USA. Once I found them, I never bought from anywhere else. They provide customer ratings, all the detailed info like FPS, what rounds to use, etc.

ShortyUSA
Take a look around, maybe you'll find something you like.
 
Wow Wow Wow.... OK, where to begin, there is alot of "mish mosh" "facts" in this thread.

First, go AEG, and get a JG gun. They run about 115 shipped, with battery, highcap, and charger, if you can find the "older" version, and not the more expensive newer version. They also are 100% TM replicas, which means parts and accessories are abundant, and they have TM performance.

I've been dealing JG guns for a year and a half, have owned and handled tons, and they rock, and for a hair over 100 bucks, you can't go wrong.

Whoever got the UTG for 170 got ripped off.

And S0n3c, you are spreading pure lies.

Do not only buy into FPS, FPS means nothing without a decent gun with decent hopup. How are you going to "punish" your enemy, with 350 FPS, if you can't hit the person, accuracy>FPS. 280+FPS is fine. JGs shoot anywhere from 330-400 out of the box, so no need to worry there.

Semi at 350 will NEVER beat Auto (a decent auto) at 250FPS, as long as the person wielding the 250 isn't a complete moron.

I'm sorry if I got a bit riled up, but people who act like they know things, when they have limited knowledge kinda erks me.

Choose from these, best value:performance ratio in the industry
http://www.airsoftgi.com/index.php?cPath=139_24_166&osCsid=880459916f45e9e2b3ad7953c92efca2

I also sell many of these guns personally, but it will be more convenient to buy off ASGI.

And i'm not even gonna start with the which is better question.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top