5 Bands that you MUST recommend to others

1. Modest Mouse
2. Coldplay
3. Flogging Molly
4. The Beatles
5. Creedence Clearwater Revival
 
I'll throw in some more metal, mostly of the power type.

1. Rhapsody (of Fire) - symphonic, empowering, beautiful metal from those crazy Italians.

2. DragonForce - Probably some of the best speed power metal out there, definitely give them a listen

3. Helloween - Being one of the pioneers of power metal, they should not be passed up. Album specific I would say Keeper of the Seven Seas Parts 1 and 2 and possibly The Legacy.

I'll stray away from metal now and go with some nerdcore hiphop.

4. MC Frontalot - Should be your first taste of nerdcore hiphop, the guy coined the phrase for crying out loud. His lyrics aren't as genre specific as some others, meaning you don't have to identify to really enjoy it. Plus a lot of his beats are created by one of the best in the game, Baddd Spellah.

5. mc chris - Your next stop should be one of the more known artists, who has done many a voiceover for Adult Swim cartoons(Aqua Teen and Sealab in specific). His lyrics are geared more towards nerds/geeks/dorks which makes him more awesome to listen to in my opinion.


This turned out longer than I thought it would, phew.
 
These are my top 5 bands. Period. Not my top 'songs' in all cases, but just ones I felt like posting.


Pink Floyd (Note; Video has some visual sexual metaphors)
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARXKvVeVtXg[/ame]

The Pillows
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ob1cpyd8KQ[/ame]

Lacuna Coil
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx58hXh4pVA[/ame]

Voltaire
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZvZxxE9OX0[/ame]

E Nomine (Ignore the really, REALLY cheesy video)
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQHFVOdJbXU[/ame]

Did I mention Pink Floyd? Seriously, I can go on about Pink Floyd for ages...
 
Other than my favorite for many decades RUSH and my backup favorites Pink Floyd and Yes, some other bands that have a good sound (to me anyways)
1) KingsX
2) Marillion
3) Three Dog Night
4) Phil Keaggy
5) Joe Satriani

But I would be fine with just RUSH :) Over 4 decades and still going strong.

"If we burn our wings
Flying to close to the sun
If the moment of glory
Is over before its begun
If the dream is won
Though everything is lost
We will pay the price
But we will not count the cost"
- Bravado

-Groo
 
Linkin Park (there older albums)
Disturbed
Avenged Sevenfold
Paramore
Papa Roach (Getting away with murder, that album is the greatest :))
 
Swallow the Sun
Blinded Colony
Scar Symmetry
Sonata Arctica
Amorphis
 
1. The Mars Volta
2. Brand New
3. Refused
4. The Raconteurs
5. Radiohead

In a modern world, I'd recommend you to listen anything from those 5 bands.
 
1. Alesana
2. Disturbed
3. Bullet For My Valentine
4. Evanescence
5. 30 Seconds to Mars
 

Latest posts

Back
Top