Well I am going to buy a few computer parts off of newegg today (will use the sponsor link) and am wondering what you think.
I have found a:
# Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor Model BX80570E8400 - Retail link
+
# Thermaltake W0106RU 700W Complies with ATX 12V 2.2 & EPS 12V version Power Supply - Retail link
for 200 bucks...very good deal
+
I am also going to buy the
Open Box: ASUS P5N-D LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 750i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard
Link (The item I am buying is 40 bucks cheaper because it is an open box item. This is the link for the non open box item.
+
I am going to buy this RAM
My ram is OCZ Platinum Revision 2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail link
All this adds up to 300 bucks with all the rebates!
What do you all think about this set up? Will it be a good set up? Is it a good deal for the stuff.. Would like some input.
I also have a 8800GT graphics card already, and am going to SLI another 8800GT later on both 512mb V-Ram. I am also going to get Vista Home Premium, and am going to keep my 200GB Sata Hard Drive
I have found a:
# Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor Model BX80570E8400 - Retail link
+
# Thermaltake W0106RU 700W Complies with ATX 12V 2.2 & EPS 12V version Power Supply - Retail link
for 200 bucks...very good deal
+
I am also going to buy the
Open Box: ASUS P5N-D LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 750i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard
Link (The item I am buying is 40 bucks cheaper because it is an open box item. This is the link for the non open box item.
+
I am going to buy this RAM
My ram is OCZ Platinum Revision 2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail link
All this adds up to 300 bucks with all the rebates!
What do you all think about this set up? Will it be a good set up? Is it a good deal for the stuff.. Would like some input.
I also have a 8800GT graphics card already, and am going to SLI another 8800GT later on both 512mb V-Ram. I am also going to get Vista Home Premium, and am going to keep my 200GB Sata Hard Drive
Last edited:








