Which motherboard??

Yea i think you should go with the asus board, the i/o layout on the back is awesome with the esata, and has quite a bit more ports than the dfi. However i have heard great things about dfi boards, but no personal experience with them.
 
not even considering msi or evga? ouch

Well he is making a crossfire system and no evga boards have intel or AMD chipsets. Just Nvidia chipsets. And he was interested in this one MSI board but the layout wasn't right. If you had a big 2nd card it would block most of the SATA ports. I was interested in that board as well until I saw that error in layout. I am also interested in what board is better up there because the DFI board is a PERFECT layout for what I need but I've always been a fan of ASUS.
 
Well he is making a crossfire system and no evga boards have intel or AMD chipsets. Just Nvidia chipsets. And he was interested in this one MSI board but the layout wasn't right. If you had a big 2nd card it would block most of the SATA ports. I was interested in that board as well until I saw that error in layout. I am also interested in what board is better up there because the DFI board is a PERFECT layout for what I need but I've always been a fan of ASUS.

noted.

yeah nvidia for me. what card will he be crossfiring? also, i think the ASUS board will be better if you intent to overclock. more stable with more cooling. Plus the DFI board looks like a toy:p
 
Last edited:
noted.

yeah nvidia for me. what card will he be crossfiring? also, i think the ASUS board will be better if you intent to overclock. more stable with more cooling. Plus the DFI board looks like a toy:p

haha it sort of does with the neon yellow and orange inputs.
 
honestly id go with evga. love them and have the best tech support ever. since ur mobo is what everything plugs into u need good support unless ur uber builder wich ur probably not since u have Qs.dont know a whole lot myself but my build went off without a hitch mostly due to evga. and ive heard bad things about asus. i spent 2 weeks in sharkies forums defore my build and i was steared away from asus by almost everyone.
 
honestly id go with evga. love them and have the best tech support ever. since ur mobo is what everything plugs into u need good support unless ur uber builder wich ur probably not since u have Qs.dont know a whole lot myself but my build went off without a hitch mostly due to evga. and ive heard bad things about asus. i spent 2 weeks in sharkies forums defore my build and i was steared away from asus by almost everyone.

yeah i agree. they also have the step up program enabling you to upgrade for cheap. It is possible to do crossfire on an EVGA board but only if youre willing to do the research. Might not be worth the extra hassle.
 
ive heard bad things about asus. i spent 2 weeks in sharkies forums defore my build and i was steared away from asus by almost everyone.

Really? ASUS stuff is a really good brand. I have an ASUS board and DVD burner right now and they are awesome. ASUS is widely respected

yeah i agree. they also have the step up program enabling you to upgrade for cheap. It is possible to do crossfire on an EVGA board but only if youre willing to do the research. Might not be worth the extra hassle.

I do know there is a way to hack a BIOS to make it run SLI and Crossfire but I would kind of like to steer away from that.
 
Last edited:
all five comp mobos i have right now, ASUS.
All dvd/cd rom drives, ASUS

Any failures from ASUS mobos, Zero!

ASUS > ALL

One mobo lasted through a PSU frying without problems. no way you can top that
 
sorry i havent really been around talking since this is my post

i have read through all of them and they all have great ideas and points

thanks for the help, but continue giving me help for those who have not answered
 
Really? ASUS stuff is a really good brand. I have an ASUS board and DVD burner right now and they are awesome. ASUS is widely respected



I do know there is a way to hack a BIOS to make it run SLI and Crossfire but I would kind of like to steer away from that.

You can't hack a BIOS to run Crossfire/SLI on a competitors chipset anymore. IIRC, it was possible on a 7 series card and a certain Intel chipset, not an nForce one.

If you're not going to overclock, get the DFI. 1) DFI has great customer service and reliability. 2) If something DOES go wrong, their RMA is much better than ASUS (provided you didn't remove the NB cooler). 3) They can stick to one color...

If you are going to overclock (IE: learning how to), get the ASUS. DFI boards are notorious for being a pain in the rear to learn to overclock in. There's SO many settings it'll be too confusing for a first-timer...but great for us veterans!

I've had one ASUS board, which I love. I fried it on accident (totally my fault), and ASUS replaced it...which was surprising. It did take more than a month to get it back though...

~Gooda~
 

Latest posts

Back
Top