mouse vs keyboard

3.14159265359

Famous
Joined
Apr 6, 2008
Messages
423
I have this problem where while I'm moving the mouse I can't use the keyboard. When I stop moving the mouse I can use the keyboard. They are both wireless and I know that it's not a interference thing because when I use the mouse that came with the keyboard it still has the same problem. What's weird is that the problem isn't permanent.

A few months ago the problem happened and when I uninstalled the drivers for the mouse the problem went away. The problem now is I don't have any drivers for the mouse installed. I just use the default drivers windows provides. The keyboard I believe uses the default drivers that came with windows.

This problem prevents me from playing any first person shooters because you have to move the mouse to aim while using the keyboard to run and jump. So no TF2 until I get this fixed.
 
try plugging the receiver to another usb port? I still love ps/2 ports they are getting old but they work really well. Looked for updated drivers for your devices on the web?
 
try what fox said or it could be and doubt it but could be an IRQ conflict
 
I have tried the keyboard and mouse in all my usb ports and that doesn't help. I have checked the IRQ conflicts and there are none. I would have included this information earlier but I had to go to work and I had no time.

The keyboard is a Microsoft wireless multimedia keyboard. The mouse is a Logitech LX7 or LX8. I can't remember which. I tried new drivers with the mouse and that doesn't work. I can try with the keyboard. I'll also try and see if I can get my hands on a ps2 keyboard.

My theory on this is it is either my keyboard or it's the usb ports on the motherboard going bad.
 
if you get an error usb bandwith excedded then that could be your problem. Since your usb ports can only take in so much information and once you could be over loading them there fore only letting one of them work at a time.
 
I've had this problem before, although I fixed it by reinstalling all my drivers >_>
 
There are no error messages. This problem has happened before and I never could figure out what fixes it. The problem will be around anywhere from around 2 weeks to 9 months. Then it just starts working again.

I'm beginning to think it's the keyboard. I'm going to try a ps2 keyboard later today to see if that solves the problem. The only problem with that is I'm changing 2 variables instead of 1. They keyboard and connection is changing so I won't know if it's the keyboard or usb ports that are bad. I have a usb to ps2 adapter somewhere in the house but I'd have to really search for it.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top