Demoman Costume: Grenade Launcher Ready

chrisbliss18

Forum Fiend
Joined
Feb 18, 2008
Messages
616
Some of you may remember that I'm going to an anime convention this upcoming weekend and that I'm going to dress up as the Demoman. After a long weekend of building and finishing, my friend helped me finish my grenade launcher.

grenade-launcher.png


It may not be exact, it's missing little details here and there as well as the leaf sight, but I think it looks really good. I'm going to do a final coat of paint on the rotating chamber which will improve the consistency of the paint (it's sanded currently rather than having a soft satin finish).

You might notice the pin on top, that's to allow the back portion to open up so it can be loaded. I'll take more pics later if you guys are interested.
 
Last edited:
Let me get this straight, you spent $1000 (according to the link in your other thread) on body armor just to dress up as a Demoman? That's awesome! Take pics
 
Let me get this straight, you spent $1000 (according to the link in your other thread) on body armor just to dress up as a Demoman? That's awesome! Take pics
Nope. It ran about $90 with shipping. It's cool though, I'll have more pics of the gear up later on as well.
 
We want pics even if you are a bad demoman!

Wait a sec, you wouldn't be talking to me if you were a bad demoman now would ye?
 
why doesnt it have a trigger?

  1. We couldn't think of an easy way to make one that would be durable and look good
  2. We realized that it would basically never be seen when I'm posing with it
  3. The lack of a trigger lends credibility to the fact that it is a prop and not a real weapon.
 
that is sweet looking...how long did it take you to make?
All weekend. I drove up to my buddy's place Friday night. We got started around 8pm Friday, got very little sleep for the next couple of days, and I didn't leave his place until about 9pm Sunday.

We already have ideas for improvements if we ever decide to build a new one.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top