Built My HTPC

Havegooda {A|R}

EGO Addict
Joined
Feb 18, 2008
Messages
1,253
I've been wanting one for awhile, so I splurged about $800 and bought some parts off newegg, and yes, I used the referral link that eGO has ;). It's been running awesome ever since. Thinking of switching from VistaMC to Mythbuntu or Meedio. Thoughts?

Overall shot...yes...that is my dorm's desk.
img0083ax4.jpg


Front view...blue-ray baby!
img0084gy5.jpg


The back...well...yea, it's messy.
img0085py1.jpg


It looks beautiful on a 24" HDCP monitor.
img0086ow9.jpg


Basic specs:
AMD Athlon 4400+
Onboard Radeon 3200
6GB RAM (added 4 I had on hand while waiting to build my new gaming rig)
3 HDDs (80GB boot + 2x640GB in RAID0 for media)
640GB backup in external enclosure (shared with laptop)
Lite-On blue-ray and DVD drives.

Got it hooked up to the dorm's cable so I can watch/record TV like a TiVo. Sexy eh?

Gonna be buying a lot more parts in the next few weeks/months. Hope eGO likes the share they get from my purchases :)

~Gooda~
 
Yea, what TV-tuner are you using? I am thinking about building one of these for our new house when my wife and I move in may.
 
I got the Hauppague (sp?) 1600. QAM/FM/NTSC tuner in one :)

I've been away because I can't play COD4 on my laptop. I idle in vent sometimes :P

~Gooda~
 

Latest posts

Back
Top