- Joined
- Feb 18, 2008
- Messages
- 1,253
I've been wanting one for awhile, so I splurged about $800 and bought some parts off newegg, and yes, I used the referral link that eGO has
. It's been running awesome ever since. Thinking of switching from VistaMC to Mythbuntu or Meedio. Thoughts?
Overall shot...yes...that is my dorm's desk.
Front view...blue-ray baby!
The back...well...yea, it's messy.
It looks beautiful on a 24" HDCP monitor.
Basic specs:
AMD Athlon 4400+
Onboard Radeon 3200
6GB RAM (added 4 I had on hand while waiting to build my new gaming rig)
3 HDDs (80GB boot + 2x640GB in RAID0 for media)
640GB backup in external enclosure (shared with laptop)
Lite-On blue-ray and DVD drives.
Got it hooked up to the dorm's cable so I can watch/record TV like a TiVo. Sexy eh?
Gonna be buying a lot more parts in the next few weeks/months. Hope eGO likes the share they get from my purchases
~Gooda~
. It's been running awesome ever since. Thinking of switching from VistaMC to Mythbuntu or Meedio. Thoughts?Overall shot...yes...that is my dorm's desk.
Front view...blue-ray baby!
The back...well...yea, it's messy.
It looks beautiful on a 24" HDCP monitor.
Basic specs:
AMD Athlon 4400+
Onboard Radeon 3200
6GB RAM (added 4 I had on hand while waiting to build my new gaming rig)
3 HDDs (80GB boot + 2x640GB in RAID0 for media)
640GB backup in external enclosure (shared with laptop)
Lite-On blue-ray and DVD drives.
Got it hooked up to the dorm's cable so I can watch/record TV like a TiVo. Sexy eh?
Gonna be buying a lot more parts in the next few weeks/months. Hope eGO likes the share they get from my purchases

~Gooda~













