Google Chrome vs. Mozilla Firefox physical memory consupmtion analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Google actually stated that they would be using more memory up front than the other browsers, but over time it will use less.

Here is CNET's javascript benchmark, where Chrome just destroys everyone.

chrome_subbenchmark_png.png
 
Last edited:
hmm... java works with yours?? doesnt work with mine... says i need the applet for it
 
I'm going to wait a bit for Chrome to mature before I use it regularly, but it is already better than Internet explorer :P
 
Hmmm... So if i make a book... Publish it.... And someone somehow figured out i used chrome.. it'd belong to chrome? :eek:
 
OPERA FOR THE WIN!!!! (It's a little like firefox.. but cooler, cause you can make speedial pages...
 
Yeah, i like opera in vista64 better than FF..

FF crashes sometimes during streaming, which totally sucks.
 
First thing I hear about chrome *opens up google*. I use FF3, starts up slow but once it's running, it's a rocket :D
 
hmm... java works with yours?? doesnt work with mine... says i need the applet for it

Well there is a difference between java and java script. Java script should run natively, but java you will need a runtime environment installed on your computer.

unless you are referring to something else.

I love firefox and have used it since it first released, but I will give this one a try soon and see how it works for me.

Memory doesnt really concern me too much (except when I load up games with my browser still open)
 
Come on, chrome just came out... I'm going to stick with firefox 3 but i hope Google continues to work on chrome.
 
Come on, chrome just came out... I'm going to stick with firefox 3 but i hope Google continues to work on chrome.
They will i'm sure..

Im on chrome right now and whenever I try to download anything from www.fileshack.com it says java has quit and a extreme error has occured. I've tried it many times, and it works on ff3.

One thing that really pisses me off is that I can't use my scroll wheal to scroll up and down.

Edit: Also I think you all should take a look at this

Google stores all web sites and words typed in the address bar, and the ip address of those who typed them. Google plans to look at 2% of all the stuff you type, and store it forever. For more information on this, and how to turn it off, click me.
 
Last edited:
Well there is a difference between java and java script. Java script should run natively, but java you will need a runtime environment installed on your computer.

unless you are referring to something else.

I love firefox and have used it since it first released, but I will give this one a try soon and see how it works for me.

Memory doesnt really concern me too much (except when I load up games with my browser still open)

actually i figured it out... you just need to update the java.... i had old version
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top