yeah i definitely agree when you say the dod public forum was dead....it is
Well if its the forums your trying to bring together then this will work, but i never made friends on the forums before, it was always ingame and in events.
yeah i definitely agree when you say the dod public forum was dead....it is
Although I agree the Council is just trying to better the community, they have one flaw in their ideology. They say that eGO comes before houses, but what I don't think they realize is that we all are eGO. Every one of us makes up the clan, and if this many people don't like the idea of closing the houses, I think that would count as eGO not wanting this change. After all, a clan is just a group of people and can even be thought of as a small government.
I hate to even post here, because any comments will not change the decision; however, I would like to add one thing.
Why do we even have houses anymore, if only the leadership can talk to us? Frankly, I don't see the purpose of houses at all anymore. Added with prior changes, I don't even think that the current image of eGO should have houses. I certainly disagree with this decision, but I would like to add the viewpoint of a pubber.
Roleplaying here, I'm now a pubber wanting to oin eGO. "Ok, so I join eGO, thats cool, they have sponsers, nice. Should I join a house? What are the benefits of joining a house? The house leaders get the make announcements? That's not much incentive"
I hope you saw through that horrid impersonation of a pubber, but maybe you get my point.

i think it is a lot of crap i am very bad right now if u keep taking these away from the founding base of this clan(DOD:s) u are not getting us closer but getting people to leave. first was the scrim league taken away even when there was not real problem, then take away non- offical scrim because only a few whined, now our private fourms these is not making us closer but pushing the old members away. what is next take away the houses or delete DOD:S because i have that feeling. i feel like a redheaded stepchlid here all kind event are no more and u all wonder why people leave like the FL house or half of them. i feel in this very strong but i know my voice does not matter at all here. only the demi-gods (council) have a voice. as u see i am very bad. u never seen me complain too much i am a loyal guy but one can be pushed too far. i know i will step on toes but i don t care. but this is crap
Yes capking but ......To me this is jsut changing things for no reason.
I agree it seems lately the council has been making changes most for the better but some like this I don't think is really nessasary.
My only addition to this is there are leaders above us that know what they are doing and choose how our clan evolves. We are a key part of that but they make the huge decisions. We need to trust that they have our bests interests in mind. It may feel like it sucks now, but give it time. They got us this far.
Also, to quote Lafinass in a response to the last time I heard clan voting brought up:
"Benevolent Dictatorship.
If and when the council requires a vote on clan business, they will initiate one."
I have to admit I wonder why there are some major changes in the clan / community and there is no vote or participation from the community to make said changes. Clearly the majority of people in this thread do not like the change. With a clan this large there comes a time when there should be a mandatory community vote before a large change can happen. My .02.
Ok, let me clear a bit more:
The eG and eGO private forums are basically there for admin purposes. Things that are posted there are for the eyes of eG's and eGO's only. Nothing off-topic of the game and the like are posted there.
Alright, I'm guessing it's because the DOD Public, eG Private, and eGO private forums were dead because everyone was mainly posting in there House private forums. The Council would like for eGO to come first above your houses, so they took the House Privates away to get more activity in the DOD Public, eG & eGO privates. Right or wrong it's happening.