Isp Help (internet provider)

Smiley

Thread Junky
Joined
Jul 18, 2008
Messages
830
I am in need of a good cheap internet provider and i dont know much about them. i just moved you of my parents house and got computer now i just need internet for it. Any help suggestion and ideas would be helpful

thank you

:)Smily:)
 
I'm using AT&T DSL. I think I'm paying 30 or 40 for 3MB.
They also have cheaper options and I think the speed starts at 756k for 19 dollars or something.

I've had them for I think 6 or 7 years when it was called, Yahoo DSL. I've had 2 down times since I've been using it which is not a big number at all compared to some Comcast horror stories and I never had trouble playing games or downloading stuff when I need to.
 
What do you mean by rated?

From what I've seen you download actual files at around 10% of the connection speed...

I've got a 28MB connection and average 2.5 - 2.8 MB/s download speeds


when I had AT&T I had the "elite" package which was $35 a month for like... 6 or 7 MB connection...

now I switched to Road Runner and started at 7MB... and they've upgraded their plans over time and now I'm at 28MB for the same price.. I think it's something around $50 a month... I dunno it's all on one bill so I dunno what each costs...
 
ok so the higher the bite the fast the net will be ok i wasnt sure if there was something else involved or just that
 
What do you mean by rated?

From what I've seen you download actual files at around 10% of the connection speed...

I've got a 28MB connection and average 2.5 - 2.8 MB/s download speeds


when I had AT&T I had the "elite" package which was $35 a month for like... 6 or 7 MB connection...

now I switched to Road Runner and started at 7MB... and they've upgraded their plans over time and now I'm at 28MB for the same price.. I think it's something around $50 a month... I dunno it's all on one bill so I dunno what each costs...

Request the complete layout of the bill. You might be getting additional charges for things you don't really need. I saved about 4 dollars each month for the past few years on some weird tax, weird fees that I didn't understand and argued about it.

4 x 12. That's 48 dollars in my pocket to spend on something else.

I should add, do it for all your home services, not just phone, you'll be amazed with a little saving you can accomplish.
 
Ohh i forgot to say that i really dont need a phone if that makes sence i only need the net b/c i have a cell.
 
Where you live? If you live in a Time Warner Cable area and have a friend that has it have your friend call in for the "refer a friend paperwork" have him fill it out and send it in, then you call in and get service. You'll both get a free month of services. How do I know this? I work for them.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top