No ghosting.

PotatoCannon

EGO Zealot
Joined
Jul 19, 2008
Messages
1,519
Insurgency is a realistic game. You should not be allowed to ghost.

GHOSTING (go.sting/v.): 1. Talking about the position of anyone on the other team, after you have been killed, even if it is to tell where the enemy who killed you was. For example, "He was up on the roof of building A when he shot me."

You cannot do that. The ONLY thing you can say regarding anyone's position when you are dead is where YOU were when you died. For example, "I was down in the grass on the back side of building A when I died."

I think this is unfair and we should make it a rule like we did with COD4.
Think would a dead person be able to say where they were...no so you shouldn't be allowed.
 
The living cannot hear the dead. The only way someone could "ghost" is by using another voice comm program such as Ventrilo. On top of that, there's no roaming spectate, so a dead player can only see the immediate area around a living player which would give a small advantage, but I don't see that becoming an issue.
 
Very true. There really isnt a whole lot of ghosting going around in the servers. Basically, Dryft said it all when he said unless using ventrillo, there is no way for the living to hear the dead. This is not an issue. If it does become an issue, I urge you to bring this back up.
 
It seems to me that this would fall under the "good sportsman" category. I know everyone isn't going to play by the rules, so we need to figure out how we want to handle this. There may be a way to eliminate it.

6.
 
I was just on and I had a great spot killed like 7 ppl and then someone types in ALL "So where is potatocannon?"
This was strange so I thought someone was ghosting so I went and camped that spot and what do you know? 3 ppl came firing at the spot I was just in.
 
It's hard to ghost in INS anyway. Most of the time I never see where I've been shot from.
 
I was just on and I had a great spot killed like 7 ppl and then someone types in ALL "So where is potatocannon?"
This was strange so I thought someone was ghosting so I went and camped that spot and what do you know? 3 ppl came firing at the spot I was just in.

u said you killed 7 ppl, doesn't that mean 7 ppl knew where you were and for 3 to attack is kinda not surprising...
 
I truly dont think this is an issue. If you killed 7 people, that is 7 people that now know where you are. You cant just camp. You have to constantly shoot, move, and communicate with your team to where you are going and where the enemy is headed. In order to not get ghosted...dont camp. If you hole yourself up in a house for 2 redeployments, you are bound to be found out.
 
No matter how sweet you think your camping spot is, kill enough people they'll come back gunning :eek:
 
Just like Harm said, you have to keep moving around for them not to spot you and take you down. A lot of times with the chase view I can start to spot my buddies killers, but usually I've already gotten a good idea about where they are. I've seen it done on a few servers to definitively fix the problem by giving you a black screen when you are dead.
 
I truly dont think this is an issue. If you killed 7 people, that is 7 people that now know where you are. You cant just camp. You have to constantly shoot, move, and communicate with your team to where you are going and where the enemy is headed. In order to not get ghosted...dont camp. If you hole yourself up in a house for 2 redeployments, you are bound to be found out.

I agree with that sometimes if Im sniping I can get a good spot and get off about 12 kills before I am seen gotta get them before they get you!
 
Its like any game really. Camping only works if you have some sort of godly super weapon, which there are none in insurgency.
 
Back
Top