- Joined
- Jul 16, 2008
- Messages
- 1,113
I'm making a map for CSS Jail. Don't know if I'll ever finish it, but it's a good project to spend a few minutes on when I'm too tired to play TF2 but too awake to go to bed.
I'm trying to make a staircase, and I want a sloped roof. Concept:
The bottom stagger of brushes are the stairs. The top stagger is how I want the roof to slope. However, when I make a block and transform it, it never quite lines up against the other blocks in the level. Any suggentions?
At this point, I'm tempted to go with a spiral type staircase to avoid the slope by just texturing the bottom of the stair brushes.
Another general piece of advice: I have a large, broad wall. Is it better to have one big brush, or many smaller brushes to make that wall?
The end goal is to make a Jail map where the CT control area has broad corridors to get rid of tiny-door-and-ladder bottlenecks, and make it less frustrating for players. Most of the jail maps, the areas with the most things to do are so cramped it's hard to get through them.
Also, is there a way to define the amount of money a round-win gives each team? I'd like to have a basic armory, where the CT's have to accumulate funds to be able to have the uber guns... but I think the general reward for CT wins is too high to encourage continuing excellence
Finally, is there a way to make it where if a T buys a weapon, it's delivered somewhere else? Or does that leave the realm of map logic and go into server-plugin logic?
I'm trying to make a staircase, and I want a sloped roof. Concept:
The bottom stagger of brushes are the stairs. The top stagger is how I want the roof to slope. However, when I make a block and transform it, it never quite lines up against the other blocks in the level. Any suggentions?
At this point, I'm tempted to go with a spiral type staircase to avoid the slope by just texturing the bottom of the stair brushes.
Another general piece of advice: I have a large, broad wall. Is it better to have one big brush, or many smaller brushes to make that wall?
The end goal is to make a Jail map where the CT control area has broad corridors to get rid of tiny-door-and-ladder bottlenecks, and make it less frustrating for players. Most of the jail maps, the areas with the most things to do are so cramped it's hard to get through them.
Also, is there a way to define the amount of money a round-win gives each team? I'd like to have a basic armory, where the CT's have to accumulate funds to be able to have the uber guns... but I think the general reward for CT wins is too high to encourage continuing excellence

Finally, is there a way to make it where if a T buys a weapon, it's delivered somewhere else? Or does that leave the realm of map logic and go into server-plugin logic?















