Havegooda's New Build *Lots of Pics*

Now we have to steal his Iphone AND hi pc... *sigh* so much work to be done

--
nice pics ^^
 
;) I'm debating whether to buy all my hardware now and run it caseless on my desk until it gets here...but I probably wont.

~Gooda~

I thought of doing an experiment with an older computer once, remove the case and jerryrigging a mini-fridge and making a non-conductive mount for the MB about half ways up the fridge and setting the temp to +1 C and running the computer overclocked and adjust the fridge temp according to the CPU temp to a nice level out of +10 C.

Never got around to it though.

s_VF_C41.png
 
I thought of doing an experiment with an older computer once, remove the case and jerryrigging a mini-fridge and making a non-conductive mount for the MB about half ways up the fridge and setting the temp to +1 C and running the computer overclocked and adjust the fridge temp according to the CPU temp to a nice level out of +10 C.

Never got around to it though.

Just purchase a phase change box. They're only 900 bucks but can lower your cpu temp to -52 degrees C !!!! ;)
 
Computers won't run at -52C..... all the IC's with just not work. I think 1C is a safer bet.

Nice pics, now if you just leave the wires the way they are, my computer is better than your in terms of wiring... and that's it. ;)
 
Last edited:
Computers won't run at -52C..... all the IC's with just not work. I think 1C is a safer bet.

Nice pics, now if you just leave the wires the way they are, my computer is better than your in terms of wiring... and that's it. ;)

Uhh, ya they can. I've seen -130*c before...it's called Phase Change and LN2.

I'll fix the wiring once I get my fan replaced (the San Ace intake died :().

~Gooda~
 
Did you build the case???

That looks badass man. Hope you have fun with it. Also hope it doesn't explode when you turn in on. xD
 
Havegooda, could you tell me how long your 4870x2 is ? I will buy one just after or before newyear but I don't know if it fits in my case, and if it doesn't. could you recommend me a case that would ?
 
The CPU should be able to take it (for a while at least), its just some of the components on the mother board don't run in the cold.

The phase change unit only goes on the cpu because condensation forms and its really the only part that can be waterproofed well.
 
Havegooda, could you tell me how long your 4870x2 is ? I will buy one just after or before newyear but I don't know if it fits in my case, and if it doesn't. could you recommend me a case that would ?

IIRC, it's 10.5".

You're only cooling the CPU (generally) with phase, not the motherboard.

~Gooda~
 

Latest posts

Back
Top