Havegooda's New Build *Lots of Pics*

Yea, all he need now is to over clock is core and VGA card...

Overclock the VGA card where it can beat the GTX 280 :p.

The 4870x2 already beats the 280 in performance, but overclock it anyway!
___________________________________________________________

Happy you finally got her working! Now put her to work!

P.S. You have any pictures of the completed build? ^_^
 
Last edited:
yeah, some pictures would be nice, once you get it looking all good and nice and such.

BTW 19 pages on a new build topic, i think this breaks records.
 
Im glad your build worked out for ya. Bet your glad your done with it and can now chillax and enjoy all your hard spent money and time.
 
The 4870x2 already beats the 280 in performance, but overclock it anyway!
___________________________________________________________

Happy you finally got her working! Now put her to work!

P.S. You have any pictures of the completed build? ^_^

ok then... Overclock it to make it beat 3x GTX 280 SLI'd :P impossible.
 
I'll be putting up some more pictures tomorrow (well, technically, later today) :D Until then, here's something to make you salivate.

cpuzjw9.jpg


http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=450827

~Gooda~
 
ok then... Overclock it to make it beat 3x GTX 280 SLI'd :P impossible.

um.... no, if the 4780x2 beats it in the first place, its still going to beat it, especially if you have 2 put together, compared to 3.

4 GPU's total for ATI, 3 total for Nvidia, ATI wins.

And besides, having 3 GTX 280's on his board would be a waste of money. Its only an x48 board with supports only crossfire, not SLI
 
um.... no, if the 4780x2 beats it in the first place, its still going to beat it, especially if you have 2 put together, compared to 3.

4 GPU's total for ATI, 3 total for Nvidia, ATI wins.

And besides, having 3 GTX 280's on his board would be a waste of money. Its only an x48 board with supports only crossfire, not SLI

Lol... I never knew ATi could have 4 GPU :P, besides ATi is full of win, unlike Nvidia and there crappy VGA cooler, that is why Nvidia is always having heat trouble anyway, unless you buy a new VGA cooler, I say ATi always wins cause they give really good VGA cooler.

Btw, Gooda can have 4870x4 O.o?

Gooda, go test Vantage now! me want some Eye candy!
 
lol, its 2 4870x2's working together. so its like having 4 processors, but its 2 different cards.
 
I'll be putting up some more pictures tomorrow (well, technically, later today) :D Until then, here's something to make you salivate.

cpuzjw9.jpg


http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=450827

~Gooda~

Is that max stable or just what you managed to pull off in 5 min. Either way nice, 4Ghz is a nice accomplishment on Core 2.

Hmm, think I need to squeeze a few for MHz out of my Opty... thinking about making the jump into special vid territory. I so wanna hit 3Ghz but I don't think it's happening.
 
Last edited:
Ya, that's just five minutes of work, I haven't tested for stability, but it hasn't crashed. I wanna see how far I can get.

~Gooda~
 
Is that max stable or just what you managed to pull off in 5 min. Either way nice, 4Ghz is a nice accomplishment on Core 2.

Hmm, think I need to squeeze a few for MHz out of my Opty... thinking about making the jump into special vid territory. I so wanna hit 3Ghz but I don't think it's happening.

Unless you get water cooling or a stronger fan that keeps it cool.
 
Unless you get water cooling or a stronger fan that keeps it cool.

Way ahead of you on that front. My problem stems from the fact that I have a very poor stepping: MCPW604 to be exact. The normal barrier for that chip is around 2.4; so seeing as I have already well exceeded that I think I am doing quite well for myself. Still, I need squeeze as much as possible, even a 50 MHz bump would help relieve some bottle neck.


Have fun going for gold Gooda! Don't be afraid to overvolt the crap out of one of those chips... they can take it!
 
Is that max stable or just what you managed to pull off in 5 min. Either way nice, 4Ghz is a nice accomplishment on Core 2.

Yea I also have my E8400 at 4.2 GHz but when it gets hot in the summer i have to lower it down back to around 3.8-4.0 (if AC is on its 4.0)
 
Yeah, I just no managed to get 2.85 GHz on my Opty. Haven't tested for stability, but it survived Sandra; so at least that is something.

Opteron 165 (1.8GHz) 2.85 GHz @ 1.71v
Corsair XMS 4400 550Mhz (T1 3-4-4-8-2-11-0-0) @ 520 Mhz T1 3-3-2-6-1-7-2-1

I'll let that cook for a week and see how much more I can squeeze out of it.


Gooda, don't be afraid to cook the books man, you have got water cooling. Ya, overtime excessive voltage will kill a CPU, but a moderate bump you won't have to worry about. With a wolfdale 1.5v should be fine 24/7 with your set up. Wouldn't be surprised if you hit 4.5 Ghz since all you had to do to hit 4 is a slight .1v bump.
 
and i may be a computer nerd, but all this over clocking stuff is like a foreign language to me....
 

Latest posts

Back
Top