Havegooda's New Build *Lots of Pics*

Awright, the case is nearly finished. He's going to pump it out tomorrow morning and have it to UPS by the afternoon.

I'll *probably* have some pics for you guys after my class.

~Gooda~
 
Ordered half the stuff now, apparently my Newegg credit limit is too low to do it all at once. Thank you Newegg Preferred Account. Did just the core stuff for now.

order1gs3.jpg


I'll order the rest (Q9650, second 4870x2) next week when the limit is raised. I've already called them and the request was put in.

In other news, I bought a new engineering sample to keep my occupied until I get my Q9650. It's an E3110...the Xeon equivalent of the E8400. No unlocked multiplier like my Q6600 ES, but it'll hit 4Ghz with ease. E0 stepping ftw.

~Gooda~
 
That works :D Didn't think people would go to another site so I posted them here. Oh well, if you want to see ALL of them, there you go.

There should be more tomorrow morning. He did a bit more (window, toggle switches, stuff for mounting the rad inside) this morning before he sent it out.

~Gooda~
 
Here's the last set of pics. It's been shipped and will arrive on Friday.

Cutting the window...
goodafishshipped033vp7.jpg


Cutting out the holes for the PA120.3 and two fillports for my watercooling loops.
goodafishshipped034rl3.jpg


Laying out screw holes...
goodafishshipped035qd3.jpg


This stuff is Neoprene. It dampens sound. This goes on the side panels.
goodafishshipped036go2.jpg


Window installed, gotta remove the film once it gets here.
goodafishshipped038hs5.jpg


Switches for CCFLs (UV lights) and the power interrupt switch...
goodafishshipped039lw2.jpg


And some youtube videos...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4Ox6lt_fds[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpzURwprQNU[/ame]

~Gooda~
 
AHH, man you have put alot of work into this machine, but hey, the longer it takes, *hopefully* the better it is, right? lol

too bad Core i7 just came out, you could waited a bit longer and experimented with that
 
Absolutely amazing. Makes me want a Rocketfish, but I'm having difficulty finding one.
 
Nice parts your getting man. Got any lighting to go with it.

Oh zgrats on getting the DFI board; they make THE best OC boards on the planet. The have so many functions in their BIOSes you will NEVER figure them all out. I've got an older one myself (based on the NF4) and I can say that I have spent at least 100 hours in the BIOS alone.

Anyway, I need to do a rebuild of my computer as I haven't cleaned the thing in about two years. Maybe I'll post some before and after shots....now where did I put that antifreeze...
 
Nah, I won't be touching i7 for awhile. Way too expensive to justify an upgrade for such little gains. Then again, I'm the guy getting two 4870x2s...

Here's a copy/pasta from Overclock.net...I'll update here and there, if you wanna follow.

http://www.overclock.net/water-cooling/413222-project-havegooda-goes-swimming.html

Heyo!

So I'm going water after talking about it for months. Here's the basic plan so far...

Hardware:
CPU: Q6600 Engineering Sample, E3110 (Xeon E8400) Engineering Sample, Q9650
Motherboard: DFI DK X48 T2RS
RAM: G.Skill 4x2GB DDR2-1000 or Mushkin 4x2GB Ascent DDR2-800
HDDs: 4x640GB Western Digital AALS - RAID 5
RAID card: Dell PERC 5/i
GPUs: Dual 4870x2s
Case: Cyberdruid Modded Rocketfish (The Goodafish)

Loop 1, CPU

  • D5 Vario w/ Detriot Thermo top > Thermochill PA120.3 > Q6600 ES, E3110 ES, or Q9650 - Depends what I wanna tinker with :D (D-Tek Fuzion v2) > T-line > *future* single bay res > pump

I know, there's a T-line and a res in the same loop. This is about looks...

Loop 2, GPU/RAID card.

  • D5 Vario w/ Detriot Thermo top > Thermochill PA160 > 4870x2 > 4870x2 > PERC 5/i RAID card > SB.

Now, I know what you're thinking. The PA160 won't be able to handle it. Half true, all I want from this PA160 is to keep it a few degrees below what air would do. The key to this build is silence, and the crappy stock cooler won't be able to cope at a decent noise level.

Here's what I have so far, and I'll be updating during the next few days as stuff arrives. Hardware should be here tomorrow, case/PSU/CPUs will be here Friday, and other nicknacks will arrive between today and Friday.

Ordered:

Second 4870x2 and Q9650 coming once Newegg raises my credit limit...
order1gs3.jpg


pts1lz1.jpg


pts2zh7.jpg


Have on hand: Two Detriot Thermo Vario tops.

img0189lq3.jpg


img0190ma4.jpg


If you want to see the case in question before it gets here, you can read up on the build log Cyberdruid did for me. You can find it here: http://www.overclock.net/cyberdruidpc/409854-client-build-log-goodafish.html

Apologies for the shoddy pictures, I'll have a better one soon hopefully.

Table of Contents:
Original post

~Gooda~

It's getting closer!

~Gooda~
 
Last edited:
loved the videos

goodafish

Heh, I liked it too :D

AHH, man you have put alot of work into this machine, but hey, the longer it takes, *hopefully* the better it is, right? lol

too bad Core i7 just came out, you could waited a bit longer and experimented with that

No i7 for me :( Too expensive...

Absolutely amazing. Makes me want a Rocketfish, but I'm having difficulty finding one.

There's a few out there. Best Buy MIGHT have a few left, but they've mostly been stripped. You can check the For Sale section on overclock.net, or eBay.

very nice man

Tyvm :D

Nice parts your getting man. Got any lighting to go with it.

Oh zgrats on getting the DFI board; they make THE best OC boards on the planet. The have so many functions in their BIOSes you will NEVER figure them all out. I've got an older one myself (based on the NF4) and I can say that I have spent at least 100 hours in the BIOS alone.

Anyway, I need to do a rebuild of my computer as I haven't cleaned the thing in about two years. Maybe I'll post some before and after shots....now where did I put that antifreeze...

Ya, I got two 12" UV CCFLs for the case.

DFI boards = win. I know it'll take me a long time to get used to the BIOS, but that's why they're AWESOME. Options to change anything possible!

~Gooda~
 
What are those block for, the video cards? Never seen anything like them.

Also, another great modding supplies sight I have fallen in love with over the years is FrozenCPU.com. The have some fantastic crap for sale, everything from neon tube clips to 1k phase-change units.

What kind of pump are you getting? I know it's a little late, but I would suggest the Swift Tech MCP655 (http://www.swiftnets.com/products/mcp655.asp). Has the highest flow rate of any 12v DC pump on the market.

"Maximum discharge


~ 317 GPH (1200 LPH)"

Just thinking that get me off... 6GPM WOOOOO!!


-Edit-

Also, you better be getting an awesome monitor to go with this stuff.

I recommend this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824112011

Scepter 24"

It's only $300 and it look great, especially for a TN panel. Never thought a TN would look this nice. Much better viewing angles than most other TNs too.
 
Last edited:
Yep, I got one MCP655 (D5 Vario, same thing) coming, and will get a second one when I get the second loop going.

The black blocks? Those replace the stock top on the D5 or MCP655 pumps. They're infinitely quieter and push a bit more water at the same time :D

~Gooda~
 
Nice 24" FTW. I honestly can't remember what I did before I got it and used my 22" as a second monitor...so much desktop space.

What is the name of the black block...when I get some cash I may look into getting one. After I hunt down a Mosin-Nagant of course ;)
 
It's a block by Detriot Thermo :D That's all I know.

A Moist Nugget you say? I was about to buy one of those a few months ago. Decided on a tried and true (by me at least) Ruger 10/22. Plus, ammo's cheaper!

~Gooda~
 

Latest posts

Back
Top