TF2 connection issues

UPDATE: So I put Age of Chivalry on and it was doing the same thing, which leads me to believe all Steam games are doing this, not just TF2
 
I feel like im writing a diary here... o_O

I just ran lpsfix / winsock fix and tried to join a game. The games on the server lists were not coming up like before, but if I open my friends list and click "join game" under a friends name, I did not have a problem, I will see if this continues to happen or if this was just one of those "oh sweet it works for 1 hour" deal.
 
Ive been getting lag, my mem usage for the game when I open processes is at 600k+?

And I just got this message: "A connection to the Steam VAC servers could not be made" and it booted me from my game.


EDIT: I rejoined the game and now its fine, the servers all had 400+ ping before but now they are at stable levels.. lets see how it goes.

EDIT: Im getting like 60 ping or less but my game is lagging, again game is using like 700k in my processes for some reason when I join a game, but when im out of a game its fine
 
Last edited:
Well somone touched up on that before and said try "rate 50000" I did that but I forget what the other cl_rates are at, Ill change them to whatever if they will fix my lag issue

Again, I am wondering why when I join a game my mem usage for hl2.exe jumps to about 680,000 in processes (only when I join a game) and I belive that is making me lag.

So now I think I can join games, but I am getting these lag spikes and delays (Im hoping when I joined a game before it was a permanent fix and not just something that lasts a few games then reverts back)
 
I don't think 600k of ram usage is that unusual. I frequently see anywhere between 300k and 600k of hl2.exe usage.
 
I don't think 600k of ram usage is that unusual. I frequently see anywhere between 300k and 600k of hl2.exe usage.

Hmm maybe thats usual, but I am definetly seeing lag that I never saw before.. maybe I DO need to adjust the rates to proper levels?

If anyone knows what to set rates to just lemme know, thanks :)
 
Omg Balzac, I've been having the same issue for two days now. I keep getting kicked out of eGo servers only.
 
Hmm maybe thats usual, but I am definetly seeing lag that I never saw before.. maybe I DO need to adjust the rates to proper levels?

If anyone knows what to set rates to just lemme know, thanks :)
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=4166-TYSC-9690
Steam Internet Connection Speed
Check that you have your Internet Connection Speed properly set to match your internet connection type. You can find it in Steam's File > Settings > Download > Internet Connection Speed.

If you are sharing an internet connection or you suspect that your router is limiting your connection speed, try setting it to the next slower setting.

In-game Rate
Most connections work well with the default rate, cl_updaterate, and cl_cmdrate settings. Most servers prevent changing your in-game rate settings.

Default Settings:
  • rate 10000
  • cl_updaterate 20
  • cl_cmdrate 30
 
Things are looking pretty good now, some occasional lag when there are large groups but things are running great!

Thanks Scott (was lookin for a fix like that ) and others for helping me out here, ill repost if things go down the toilet again :)
 

Latest posts

Back
Top