Admin school for rank e's

You are absolutely right Nero. If they are goign to admin school because they wanna help keep the servers clean then good for them. Unfortunately we won't know their true intentions on trying to attend a class. If they are honestly looking to attend admin school to see how things are done so they can pitch in, then they are very respnsible and promotions will go their way. If they are going to admin school to try to get their admin.....then promotions won't go their way.

I have to respectfully disagree with you Zegz. While trying to become an admin is frowned upon, trying to attend an admin class should be seen as a very good thing. e's that attend an admin class are showing initiative and an interest in keeping our servers clean. While I do agree that they should NOT be attending admin classes with the mindset "I'm going to get promoted for this", they should feel quite welcome to attend one if they are simply interested in how things work, or how they can be better members.

Ok, Sweet someone sees it the way I do. Zegz one way we should be able to see their motive is time in servers, amount of time spent on website threads... and by the admin teachers response about the student. The teacher should be able to tell rather quickly if they are going to be a good admin or not.

Thanks Nero for the post, it really helps.
I am not worried about promotions because I will be in this clan for a long time to come :D


Cod5 comes out today,
Iceman
 
I still don't concur. I think e's should stick to gaming and wait with admin classes until they get their promotions. I'm already telling e's all the time to lay off admining and let me and other admins do the job. In fact, I still have to tell eG's alot that they should let an eGO assess the situation first, before taking action themselves.
I'm not outraged whatsoever. Just shocked by these people who are maybe grown up, but not mature and think that being in the community for a certain period of time gives them the right to be an admin. I have a friend, =(e)=™ Shifty {RD}, who has been in the community for over a year, and is still an e. No complaints from him.
My advice: play the game, enjoy it and be yourself. If you don't mess up too bad, you'll get your promotion.
 
Hey guys.

Couple things. We will be starting an "e" Vent Class that will be open to all e's and will be a short intro to our clan and policies, with a Q&A session afterwards. This will allow you to participate in learning about the clan and what we expect from our members.

The class will not cover how or when to use admin because as e's your primary focus should be on having fun and staying active in our community. I would recommend you take this vent session first, and wait off on admin school until you're an eG.
 
Where is the admin school for DoD:S? I have been trying to find a application or sign up for it but I can't find it!
 
i just joined ego and im already tired of es trying to get into admin school ... just be glad u got into ego and have fun already
 
Ya, Zegs and Bas. I would much rather see "Please, do not curse. Thank you." than "watch your language". I much rather have e's tell me about a problem in game using admin chat than them trying to deal with it. Remember what Fermi said, "Ignorance is never better than knowledge." We have a lot of admins, but there are times when e's are alone as well.

While e's are not eGO's there should be NO discrimination made because of that, after all, almost everyone started as an e. Some e's are grown men and women, they deserve some respect. I do not see what the outrage is about, i am glad when people want to learn.

Yes Thank you alot Frank. I bought this up at the meeting today in ventrilo e's are allowed to go to admin school but if they are full the e's have to wait or if you like and devoted to eGO you will take early admin school like have to. I have to wake up at 9am on Saturday to go to admin during the Europe time of admin school. I like to go i get to understand a lil bit more about the rules and how to work with a problem in a good manner with out having to bother a eGO or eG. Cause I'm sure they get pretty tired of getting bother and some dont but i like to learn alot so that is just me. But in the end e's are allowed to go to admin school but if full you have to wait in line or wait for a promotion.

-Spy1
 
In behalf of our e's.

Amazed by stupidity????
Oooomygod... I suggest this thread being closed before I break down in tears.... ..

:mad:

Why does Mr. Bas.B get all mad about? Are we not eGO's have a level of maturity and know how to address others in the servers and in Forums?
Learn from Frank and Tiddy or do not post here with that attitude towards our beloved e's. Ill leave it there since i have sent you a pm about this.

Ya, Zegs and Bas. I would much rather see "Please, do not curse. Thank you." than "watch your language". I much rather have e's tell me about a problem in game using admin chat than them trying to deal with it. Remember what Fermi said, "Ignorance is never better than knowledge." We have a lot of admins, but there are times when e's are alone as well.

While e's are not eGO's there should be NO discrimination made because of that, after all, almost everyone started as an e. Some e's are grown men and women, they deserve some respect. I do not see what the outrage is about, i am glad when people want to learn.

Kudos frank. My respect goes to you brother and the same for Tiddy.
We were all e's one day and we all learn at different pace and here at eGO are many of us that will help them and teach them the eGO way with patience and understanding,but we will use our Authority when needed to be,of that, you can be certain.

("e's your primary focus should be on having fun and staying active in our community" "Tiddy".)

Peace to you all and Merry Christmas


Servant
 
Last edited:
Most of the time i forget i am 26 and most people are somewhat younger. BasB means well, i guess with age you settle down more and learn to consider things differently. There is no need to exasperate, if it should be closed some one would have or will.

We all have our role to play to keep this thing going, and i would say e's play the most significant. They do not admin, they do not make important decisions, but they are the grass that cows eat, so we can eat cows, basically. It's called the 10 % rule in Biology, and any ecosystem breaks down if the first layer is weak.
 
The following is all my personal opinion and not said for the hole of eGO ;)

I think if someone joined eGO just to be an admin or to look better with the tags on he joined for the wrong reason .. i remeber i joined because the people in the eGO servers were very kind and nice to play with and the admins of the server were mature and kept the servers in great shape if you want to be promoted the best thing to do is just forget about it and have fun with the comunity if you dont have fun with the comunity and all you care about it admin/promotions im not sure you joined eGO for the right reason and maybe you shouldnt be in it at all, but thats not up to me to decide. as Zegz said on page 1

"If you are an e and you are desperate to go to admin school all it shows us is that all you care about is being promoted and getting admin. We want members who just simply want to be members. Becoming an admin is NOT something that should be on your mind and a goal for you to reach. IF you are promoted than good for you, if not, then you should not care because you did not join eGO for the promototions, you joined for the community."

~Focus
 
This is a very interesting post and i am a bit bipolar with this thread, no disregard but e's i cannot stress this enough but PLEASE just have fun :) thats your job in the eGO community. I was once an eG after a few months (and lost it cus i became inactive :( sorry) so i know from first hand experience that while fun levels for an eG does not disappear, it does not stay the same.

With the admin class debate i would suggest that you steer clear until you have been promoted (by which your expected to attend) or invited by a trainer (as i have seen this been done). yes there are stickies saying what your limits should be, however do not give in to temptation and just have fun :) if there is eG or eGO's on the server let them deal with it, they you notice something they don't try to get hold of them, every little helps.

e's Just live it large on the eGO servers and have all the fun you can, remember you don't have to put responsibility on yourself 24/7, you joined this community to be with friendly and helpful people, not for quick admins which you could purchase like most clans.

Thanks all..peace out!!
 

Latest posts

Back
Top