I think I found out the FPS hiccups...

Anthemjack

Active Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2008
Messages
408
Here you go!

Untitled.jpg


Ignore the sign :P "worst game"

I just got a new graphic card! (thanks for the people who mentioned the 4670 ATi radeon :D.
Now it is still having Hiccups, even though I have tried many times.

Its when I was playing CS:S and found out that heat wasn't my problem, it is the Core or something that has been jumpy lately.

450 Watt power supply (By @ power, or Dyna power).
250 GB of Hard-drive (Dunno company :(. )
4670 Ati Radeon MSI
m2n mx se plus mother board (ASUS_
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
Sound card blaster audigy SE (by creative sounds).
2 GB Ram by Kingston.
 
Last edited:
Possible issue with the driver? ATi is pretty terrible with drivers from my experiences.
 
omg u are so lucky ur graphics hd4670 mine is like radeon x200 ..... yeah it realllly sucks
 
Like Bugen suggested, make sure you have the most recent drivers (i.e. download the ones from the website, don't use the installation CD).

If that doesn't help, make sure there's nothing else running in the background when you're playing the games. 2gigs of RAM is pretty good, but it would appear you're using Vista, and Vista is a resource hog all on its own. Because of this, you may want to turn off your virus protection, backup software, and anything else that you have running when you decide to game.
 
Like Bugen suggested, make sure you have the most recent drivers (i.e. download the ones from the website, don't use the installation CD).

If that doesn't help, make sure there's nothing else running in the background when you're playing the games. 2gigs of RAM is pretty good, but it would appear you're using Vista, and Vista is a resource hog all on its own. Because of this, you may want to turn off your virus protection, backup software, and anything else that you have running when you decide to game.

Ok, I think I will turn off the Dwm.exe That thing uses Aero, since I heard that thing uses/messes up alot of energy and gaming, probably that thing is making it so FPS laggy. Maybe I will turn off windows firewall, but I don't know how to turn off Norton and uninstalling it.
 
is the bad game world of warcraft? lolol

edit - oops nevermind i already see that icon!
 
is the bad game world of warcraft? lolol

edit - oops nevermind i already see that icon!

Something really worser than that, WoW is AWESOME! anyway, it is Maplestory, my little cousin plays it everyday, for 2 hours and get addicted on weekends and just play it for 12 hours.

Until I get home to do some testing to see if the thing doesn't hiccup by the DWM.exe processor, and MSACui.exe or Windows firewall to see if that work, post more stuff that can fix the hiccups. Like Bugen said and trykeal said, but I wanna uninstall norton, that is my 1# problem right now, and the FPS hiccups.
 
Your best bet when uninstalling Norton is to use the following program:

Norton Uninstaller

Just going into add/remove programs and uninstalling Norton will often leave a LOT of stuff behind. Norton and McAfee both have terrible reputations for this.

Once you've done that, you're still going to want a virus program and firewall. Windows firewall will work, and if you want more protection you can use Zone Alarm as a supplement. Or install Threat Fire...it's a nice supplement to your firewall AND your virus scanner.

For virus removal you'll probably want to look at AVG or Avast - both are free antiviral programs that work very well and are highly rated. There are others, but these are two of the best. In my experience Avast tends to use fewer system resources, but you'll be happy with either one.
 
Your best bet when uninstalling Norton is to use the following program:

Norton Uninstaller

Just going into add/remove programs and uninstalling Norton will often leave a LOT of stuff behind. Norton and McAfee both have terrible reputations for this.

Once you've done that, you're still going to want a virus program and firewall. Windows firewall will work, and if you want more protection you can use Zone Alarm as a supplement. Or install Threat Fire...it's a nice supplement to your firewall AND your virus scanner.

For virus removal you'll probably want to look at AVG or Avast - both are free antiviral programs that work very well and are highly rated. There are others, but these are two of the best. In my experience Avast tends to use fewer system resources, but you'll be happy with either one.

I am getting Nod32 or Panda for Virus removal and firewall, etc. I am gonna try to get a spyware program that is recommended.
 
Sorry for the double post!

I tried ending Windows Aero, and Disabling Windows Firewall, and uninstalled Norton, still have it! T_T.

I took out my sound card to see if that works, and it helped a little.

Maybe Reformatting again, cause I still have some Nvidia crud on my comp.
 
Nah mate its your ram. You have vista correct..? Vista needs at least 2G's to run without games. Trust me my computer was the same way. I had a 8800GTX and a 3.2 GHz processor and all other good stuff and figured RAM could wait.. wrong. Ram is one of the first things you should upgrade. Your ram is bottle necking your system and is bringing the whole thing down.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227364 (Best bang for buck)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145184 ( little bit cheaper)

P.S make sure your ram is the same type as those before buying :)
 
Bizzy shooter, thanks for the help, but its not what I need. All this started to happen when I downgraded back to XP, then the issues started, but when I turned back to Vista, I still had the same problems T_T.

Reformatted didn't work either...
 

Latest posts

Back
Top