Loading screen always causes crash

QB

Famous
Joined
May 16, 2008
Messages
433
I always have to restart TF2 in order to play on any server other than an eGO server. Obviously, I would rather play on an eGO server, but sometimes that is not possible. Basically, if I join a server other than an eGO server, and then try to join an eGO server, I will receive a memory error. If I try to join another server other than an eGO server after having played on an eGO server, I will receive the same error. It is not possible for me to switch to or from an eGO server without crashing.

I would love to upgrade to 2g of ram, but that is not possible at this time. Any clues as to what might help in the meantime?
 
try this go to My games on your steam>Right Click the Game you play>Click properties>go to local files> and do thees to "Verify integrity of game cache" and Defragment cache files.
 
I'm curious to know what's the memory error you're receiving? And when you crash - do you mean the game crashes you back to the OS desktop? Or do you mean the entire PC crashes and you have to reboot?
 
Awww yes QB i hate that when it happens i do what Gagoloth does it works for me so try it out :D if that does not work i have uninstall it and reinstall it i know it is a pain it might just work
 
Right Click on TF2 -> Properties -> Set Launch Options -> copy and paste what is in the quotes: "-novid -nocrashdialog"

Let me know if that fixes it.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top