Recent abuse....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abuse

I made one post
Joined
Dec 13, 2008
Messages
2
Well let me start by saying I have a friend in this clan and frequent the server on a daily basis. Im mild mannered and have never had an issue in game untill a few days ago. Please forgive me for not naming people directly as I believe this is a OVERALL admin issue.

The other day I was playing a sniper spot was open, I joined as a sniper and began playing. 5-10 min later and admin asked on voice chat for a sniper spot. 30 sec later I was moved to the other team and said admin was....take a guess, yep a sniper. Before you say " the teams were unbalanced" Ill stated both teams were at 12 players. Next situation is pritty much the same except I was rocket and was kicked from the server after i refused to relinquish the class.
And the major one just happened a few moments ago. A player was swearing and an admin warned him 3-4 times. I was in game with a friend who asked if there was a no swear rule on my steam friends. Well in the heat of battle I didnt want to shift+tab so I was replying to him with in game chat. I simply stated I could never understand why servers had no swear rules seeing how I can bash your brains in with a shovel. Well a half a second after the comment an admin decided to flex his/her muscles and say "its a server rule BUDDY" So I responded with " im not calling this servers rules into question BUDDY" and boom kicked. A complete over zealous, holier than thou admin. After entering the server I asked the reason for the kick. I was told I need to respect admins. Well I said nothing to the admin that they didnt say to me. So Im supposed to kiss this persons ass when they blatantly dont know the meaning of respect?

I am part of one of the biggest CS:S communities around. I have owned my own servers and have been senior admin on more than you guys have. And I can say this...Its players like myself that make eGO what it is. I dont expect anything to come of this post. Nothing will be said, a laugh will be had at my expense, but just by me posting....im already better than half your admins. To my friend in this clan im sorry, and consider my donation cancelled.
 
This is something you need to address in private with the leadership. This is not something that is allowed or tolerated in the least.

You can post and forget about it, or do something about it and get it fixed. Please, contact one of our leaders and they can look into this. Try slayr357 or Kamakize Tommy or any of the DODs DLs.

http://www.edgegamers.org/forums/cmps_index.php?pageid=leadership

Concerning the kick for commenting on the rules, putting aside if you were kicked too early or not, that is something that should be dropped if you are asked to. If you have a concern about the rules bring them to the forum, but in game is not something i would tolerate either.

Lock, please.
 
Last edited:
Could this please be moved...its not very appropriate for dod gen.
 
I'd like the name of the admin that moved him to the other team and then took sniper class. I'm sure a review of the records could reveal the admin's name. It would have been a better post if Abuse named names and more detail to accurately investigate the incidents. General comments do not give enough information to take action on.
 
Could this please be moved...its not very appropriate for dod gen.

This is probably a good place for all to read the input of members and non-members of the clan. Admin abuse can not be tolerated and incidents should be reported by both clan and non-clan players. This is a good "Food for thought" post for all our admins.
 
Frank Booth got it right off the bat. We do not allow this type of behavior in any of our admins, however, if an issue has occurred we insist the problem reporter go through the proper channels in pm's to our leaders, rather than a rant in our general forums. Nevertheless, thank you for bringing this to eGO's attention.

Also, I please hope that you do not judge an entire clan by one or two admins. We are very thorough in our clearance process for admin, but still, as you probably know being a server admin, that people do slip through.
 
Last edited:
Frank Booth got it right off the bat. We do not allow this type of behavior in any of our admins, however, if an issue has occurred we insist the problem reporter go through the proper channels in pm's to our leaders, rather than a rant in our general forums. Nevertheless, thank you for bringing this to eGO's attention.

Also, I please hope that you do not judge an entire clan by one or two admins. We are very thorough in our clearance process for admin, but still, as you probably know being a server admin, that people do slip through.


A rant? I took the liberty of looking up the definition of the word for you.

Definitions of rant on the Web:

* harangue: a loud bombastic declamation expressed with strong emotion
* talk in a noisy, excited, or declamatory manner

My post was meant to be educational and to inform not only eGO staff but also the community. Why should said accusations be kept private? Maybe a fellow player has encountered the same infractions and just hasn't posted. This might be the push they need to post.

Concerning the kick for commenting on the rules, putting aside if you were kicked too early or not, that is something that should be dropped if you are asked to. If you have a concern about the rules bring them to the forum, but in game is not something i would tolerate either.

There was no warning, this admin didn't like his or her own attitude thrown back at them and made a harsh and unfair judgement. Simple as that. As far as naming names, its not my intention to seek retribution. Rather I posted this with the suggestion of speaking to your WHOLE admin team in general. Or better yet give some of the =E= members who are looked up to on the servers admin. Maybe they can teach the others how public relations are handled. Need some suggestions? OK, razzle, I.X, Dutchman off the top of my head.
 
Pardon, my choice of words was incorrect. I was proofreading the post and I missed that, I apologize.

I have a tendency to be blunt, so I try and tone it down a bit by doing this.

However, to keep a flame war from building up as well as a "What I Dislike About eGO" thread from being created, not to mention the drama being spewed out of such a thread, we try to keep these problems quiet and alert the correct people so action can be quick and efficient.

Thanks
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top