Steam beta, in game web browsing and more

Just read about this. I'll definitely get a ton of mileage out of an in-game browser, especially because of all the alt-tab glitches that Source games seem to have.
 
Eh im happy running tf2 in "-sw -noborder" looks full screen but can hit windows key or tab to change between apps [vent/irc/etc] without all the fun minimizing issues. Im assuming the in-game browser will just be internet explorer based & I'm def not a fan of IE
 
This looks pretty good. I'll be able to look up scrim passwords while playing, but..
I run to a small problem... I can't log in anymore!
I activated the beta, it restarted, and now it just says "Connecting Steam Account: ehcualp...."
I can't do anything! AH!
help anyone?
 
Eh, it's not all bad.

At least I'll get to make ban requests without ever leaving the game (Something I was somewhat annoyed with doing half the time) =)
 
is there anyway to turn the beta off outside of steam. like going into the install files and tweaking some file?
 
This is good to have so that you are able to log onto edgegamers.org and find out stuff about MAUL or any body who is questioned about being a member, like an e which you can't find out with sm_who. It's a great tool to have.
 
eh, i really dont see what was bad about the post. i kind of agree with him

Nothing wrong with what he said at all. In fact, I imagine most eGO admins will be using it for much the same thing. It gets pretty old having to tab out to check things or fill out ban requests. This will be a fantastic tool for us. If scou7 gets promoted in the future, he'll likely understand where Sgt. McAwesome is coming from.
 
Last edited:
Mines pretty fast, I keep forget it's there though...and alt tabing like a tard. I wish it had favorites lol.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top