Hard drive setup?

-=Punisher=-

Poster
Joined
Dec 2, 2008
Messages
226
I currently have 2 80GB WD set up on IDE, doing this takes away my CDROM as i only have 1 IDE slot. I want to spend about $100 on a good hard drive or hard drives that could be used for SATA or a real nice IDE one. My problem is I could just go with a 1T WD and be satisfied but the 2 that i have now, 1 contains my OS and programs and games, while the other contains movies and music and downloaded patches and games. Would it be worth it to buy a 1T and partition it out to have a section with part to be used for movies and music? Or should I get 2 like now but in SATA?
 
How many SATA headers do you have on your board?
If you have at least more 2 (most fairly new boards have 6) then get yourself 2 drives. One main and one for storage. For my upcoming build I'm to have 2 of these puppies:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136319 One as a main, partitioned up into an OS drive and the other sector for games, then the 2nd drive will be all open for storage. This drive is a great value for a Caviar Black edition, and not to mention how much space you get.
 
I like your idea WallE Ive got at least 4 headers and what does RAID do for me? Heard alot about it, but dont know much about it.
 
Any other ideas? Im looking to buy today, the 5th. Or is there anything wrong with getting like a 1.5T WD or Seagate and partitioning it out 3 ways?
 
Last edited:
i would def suggest gettin 2 500 gb sata drives (u can raid em if u wish) but i have a 500 gb seagate drive & has yet 2 fail me (not 2 mention that seagate drives have longer warranties than wd does.
 
What should my max size hard drive be, one that doesnt have a high failure rate?
Would 750s be ok? Say from WD?
 

Latest posts

Back
Top