tf2 graphics on certain servers

k0nk0n

Thread Junky
Joined
Jan 26, 2008
Messages
789
when i play on certain servers my tf2 graphics don't look as good, like when im on the eGO dustbowl, the medic beams are invisible, and the soldiers rockets look like crap, but when im on other servers the medic beams look fine and so do the rockets O_o
 
Strange. Question. How much vram does your video card have? For example mine has 640MB.

It may be that your video card doesn't have enough VRAM to display all the textures and stuff on the settings you have set. After all, they are 32 player and always full :)
 
my video card ram is fine, like i said before its only certain servers and i dont think it depends on the amount of players
 
k0nk0n,

I'm curious, is the problem persistent on just specific servers? Or does the problem seem to drift from server to server, intermittently?

Specifically, I'm wondering if you begin to have the problem after playing for a while? And is the problem with specific maps or with specific servers? For example, if dustbowl looks bad, it'd be interesting to see if DB looks bad on other servers. Could you (using your magic Leader powers) get DB loaded on the Admin Training server and see how that works?
 
This would probably be a relatively last resort, but have you tried deleting the game data and redownloading/reinstalling?
 
Check your frequency settings on your display, mine would do that sometimes and look good at others. Then I realized my adapter was set to 200hz, so I set it down to 60hz haven't had a problem since.
 
its on certain servers, last night i was on a non-ego server that was on dustbowl, and for the record it was full, so i dont think the amount of players could affect it, and the graphics there look fine, and then today i was playing on eGO dustbowl server and the graphics looked terrible, not everything but just little things like the pyros flame, the medica beam, the rockets, things like that, at first i thought it was just eGO servers but when i played in the other eGO servers it looked fine, its not really a big deal, its just kind of annoying
 
when i play on certain servers my tf2 graphics don't look as good, like when im on the eGO dustbowl, the medic beams are invisible, and the soldiers rockets look like crap, but when im on other servers the medic beams look fine and so do the rockets O_o

I can explain the medic beams.

I also have this problem whenever my ping is above 50. When I use auto-heal it makes the beams disappear or glitch out. I can only hope that they fix this with the scout update.
 
I can explain the medic beams.

I also have this problem whenever my ping is above 50. When I use auto-heal it makes the beams disappear or glitch out. I can only hope that they fix this with the scout update.

I use auto heal and that happens to me all the time. I usually get the beam back when i switch healing targets.

But are you trying to use any skins or something like that in game?
 
okay, it might an alt-tab out issue for me, i was playing today and the graphics were horrible then i got alt-tabbed out and when i went back in the game the graphics were fixed O_o
 

Latest posts

Back
Top