My computer and what you think of it

Please do note that I have not run Vista and never intend to, but I'd grab XP Home and spend the difference on a better video card - that's what I did. I got the ATI 4850. You also don't really need a cooler - the stock CPU cooler should be fine unless you intend to OC.

Please also do note that I don't recall exactly when MS will stop issuing updates for XP.
 
Suggestions:

1) Change the hard drive to a Western Digital 640GB drive. Roughly the same price and a lot more space. Well, at least 140GB more...

2) Ditch the 2x1GB sticks of RAM and get a 2x2GB kit of G.Skill DDR2-1000. About $5 (last I checked) more for another 2GB of RAM.

3) Ditch the CPU cooler and use the money saved for a 4850/4870. You can get a 4870 for $165 on newegg with the mail-in rebate and this code: EMCBCCCDA (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-_-DesktopGraphicsVideoCards-_-L1A-_-14102810)

~Gooda~
 
So uh, is your case a slim case? I see a lot of low profile parts. At any rate, you can get a 3650 for about the same price as that other card, or a 3870 for around 90 bucks. Believe me, the 3870 would be quite a step up from what you've chosen.

For the 3650, I put one in Your Roxyness's computer and it runs TF2 on very good graphical settings.
 
Looks good, although there are better cases for $70, but hey, its all down to personal preference. :p
 
Do not need soundcard unless you actually intend to use 5.1. In either case buy a professional audio one, and not one made for gaming if you DO play on using 5.1.

Edit:

I'd also get a AMD 6400+ instead of the Phenom. You'll get better performance, you'll most don't have a need for the 4 cores on the quad, and it's cheaper.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103228
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top