- Joined
- Sep 28, 2008
- Messages
- 1,610
Well, your setup looks real good but you need to remeber, the sound card your going to use requires a PCIe slot which is on the very end or last slot of the motherboard you are going to use. And with dual video cards, you won't have any room for that sound card. And the major thermal issues you will encounter with two cards, you will need to void their warranty and liquid cool both cards which in turn will make each card the size of three individual cards instead of just two cards.
Space can be a major issue here.
A quad sli will not make your gaming any better. But if your into video editing, graphic design, engineering then you will be able to utilize a quad display. Two to three cards is more than enough for gaming unless you are looking for bragging rights. But it's you decision.
If you need any advice when it comes to liquid cooling, let me know. I liquid cool everything in my house. My computer, surround sound system, ham radio stations, etc. I'm a nut for liquid cooling.
And that Corsair PSU, it is a good company but in my opinion, I would highly recommend PC Power & Cooling, Thermaltake or Antec. They get the best reviews and are very efficient. Corsair is new in the PSU industry. They make the best ram in the world but PSU is new for them and they don't have a real good track record yet.
PC Power & Cooling is what I use. Probably the most expensive PSU anyone can buy, but very reputable and reliable. I get a lot of adivce from IT's that are in our clan. They know a lot and will help you decide what you need.
Also, I would highly recommend Western Digital Hard Drives. They are so reliable and offer the best warranties in the business. Also, there customer support is top notch and if you purchase a WD from Newegg, not only does the drive comes with a 5 year warranty, but for $14.99 you can get an additional 2 year warranty off of Newegg which will start the last day of your original 5 year warranty. That's 7 years! Awesome!
And a small note on Seagate Drives. They are also a good drive company, but ever since they took over Connor Drives, their reliability has suffered tremendously. And they only offer a 3 year warranty. But there customer support is still good. But check the reviews, not as good as WD.
Just my opinion and the opinion of many others in our clan and reviews you will find on the net.
We should talk sometime. I'm here to help if needed.
Peace and good luck with your build!
Just anothe note: Dual cores is good enough to play all the games so far, but more and more games are being constructed that will require quad cores. And the prices of quad cores are dropping rapidly. So maybe you should consider quad cores instead of dual. Don't get mad at me, it's just a though for your future gaming pleasure. Unless you are going to be like me who drops $4,000.00 -$5,000.00 every three years for a newly designed system. But I'm crazy and can afford to burn money.
But remember, you don't have to spend a fortune to have a good system. Anyone can build a system for under $2,000.00 and still be rockin' the house down. LOL!
Thanks for this time you have givin me.
Peace and much luck on your building decisions.









I WOULD put it in the actual PCI-E x1 slot itself but the x58 heatsink will get in the way
And as far as the hard drives go, those are Western Digital drives on my list, so don't worry
And what you where saying about the spacing on the PCI-E x16 slots, I'm right there with you man. That's about the one thing that I don't like about this board is that the x16 slots are so close so down the road if I get 2 4870x2s or 2 GTX 295s the 2nd card wouldn't have much room to breath 

!!! Post lots of pics






I'd be way to excited.