New Build (Corei7)

yeah, that sounds like a good plan. I cant wait to get my parts for my computer, whenever i order them.
 
I ALMOST want to wait to get my machine with the 4870x2 but I would have to wait for so much longer so it doesn't seem worth it. I'll hold off for a bit with my 4850. After I build this machine I plan on buying a new monitor to seal the deal. Then I'll work on getting that 4870x2. Hopefully by then, they will be much cheaper. :D

Sounds alot like me :)

note: I just got mail, the mobo isn't in stock yet. it was supposed to be there today but it isn't.
 
Now my question for you guys is: Should I get the Power Supply now just so I can have it and get the rest of the parts when I get the rest of the money? Or should I just get all the stuff at once for one major bundle of new stuff? I'm thinking I'll wait because my current PSU is just fine for this machine and I kinda want be excited with all my stuff at once. What do you think?
 
well it all depends on what you want to do. and what kind of deals are out there.

If its free shipping, i think i would go with it now, just because having that free shipping on there will help, even if shipping isnt that expensive.

thats all i can really think of, but im sure there are MANY more reasons
 
Thanks CrimsonAegis :)

Oh, and I finally thought up a idea on how to name my new puter!
I loaded up Google Earth and I spun the earth around and whatever city my cursor stopped the earth on, would be the name of my puter and I stopped on Stockholm, Sweden :D So now she has a name :)
"Stockholm"
 
Last edited:
Thanks CrimsonAegis :)

Oh, and I finally thought up a idea on how to name my new puter!
I loaded up Google Earth and I spun the earth around and whatever city my cursor stopped the earth on, would be the name of my puter and I stopped on Stockholm, Sweden :D So now she has a name :)
"Stockholm"

And what if your cursor would've landed on Gaza ?
 
Probably wouldn't want to do that. The new Corei7 boards are triple channel memory that means pairs of 3. Your thinking if this board is dual channel then I would put it in in pairs of 2. You should start following computer technology again man :p

Wow, I forgot all about that. I did some research on mine and I couldn't figure out how many channels my AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition is. If it isn't a hassle, maybe you can figure out for me?
 
Currently every AM2+ board out there (AM2+ is only socket that works with AMD Phenom Quad-Cores) are Dual-Channel memory boards.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top