House system changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
we are all now under the one banner of DOD:s eGO division. we look out for each other and respect each other. i believe what the council did is just doing for the best of the community.

This is exactly what i would say and i want to add to all of us.
We are eGO first and last.
Some stuff will come and go but as long as we stay united we will remain for long time.
No reason to over react or be negative guys. give it time and see how this will work.
All things work together for good... just wait and see.

Peace and Happy new year.


Servant
 
All I have to say is ive been in hellhounds for 6months and eGO for 6months and I will tell you right now that DoD has lived by houses and for alot of people this will destroy alot of things.

I will tell you that like the first 3 ppl I talked to I got the answers:
WTF!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO
HOW DARE THEY
Well there goes a good thing.

Nobody will like this I do not ethier.
This will hurt more than it will help.

I will tell you people will leave, there will be arguments and this will hurt. Badly.


Well, there are already people who have said they like the idea. So your prediction that "Nobody will like this" has already been proven false. The fact is that when we switched TO the house system, there were people who didn't like that, either. It comes down to not being able to please everyone at the same time.



As my fellow commards say: Once a hound always a hound.

This, along with your original post.. disturbs me. Letting us know that "ive been in hellhounds for 6months and eGO for 6months" is basically saying that you viewed Hell Hounds as coming first, and the clan as coming second. Yet, it is the clan that supported Houses, not the other way around. The houses gave a seperatist feel to the DoD division, which is what you are exemplifying in your posts. Sure, the houses were a way to micromanage aspects of the clan, and they ended up fostering friendships because the same tags were worn on the same servers. But really, Potato, you had your fair share of being told to tone down your "Hell Hounds First" mentality over the last six months. You have to see this from a clan wide view, instead of being myopic about how it only affects you. There were fights over recruiting to houses, instead of just being happy to recruit a new guy/gal to eGO as a whole. You personally were told to stop going into "other House's forums" because you were trying to recruit for Hell Hounds in obviously out of bounds forums. This should actually be a blessing for you, Potato. Instead of being bound to recruiting for just a house, just one server, you're now set free to direct ALL pubbers to this great clan, not just the ones you find on Flash! And not to mention, if there's another admin in the server, there won't be any argument over which house to direct a new applicant to... You'll both be working toward the common goal of directing that applicant to eGO. (Plus, you have to admit, that this might keep you out of trouble for "side swiping" other house's recruits. That's another bonus right there.)



eGO is my house. I used to be a Raider. I used to be a House Leader. When I was promoted, I had to take off the tags I'd worn for nearly a year. But it was for the betterment of this division, and for myself, that I bravely hit the servers without the baggage of being JUST a Raider. I am an eGO. We all, collectively, are eGO. Let's remember the best of the houses, and put them in the past, while looking forward to a more unified clan in the future.
 
Well, there are already people who have said they like the idea. So your prediction that "Nobody will like this" has already been proven false. The fact is that when we switched TO the house system, there were people who didn't like that, either. It comes down to not being able to please everyone at the same time.





This, along with your original post.. disturbs me. Letting us know that "ive been in hellhounds for 6months and eGO for 6months" is basically saying that you viewed Hell Hounds as coming first, and the clan as coming second. Yet, it is the clan that supported Houses, not the other way around. The houses gave a seperatist feel to the DoD division, which is what you are exemplifying in your posts. Sure, the houses were a way to micromanage aspects of the clan, and they ended up fostering friendships because the same tags were worn on the same servers. But really, Potato, you had your fair share of being told to tone down your "Hell Hounds First" mentality over the last six months. You have to see this from a clan wide view, instead of being myopic about how it only affects you. There were fights over recruiting to houses, instead of just being happy to recruit a new guy/gal to eGO as a whole. You personally were told to stop going into "other House's forums" because you were trying to recruit for Hell Hounds in obviously out of bounds forums. This should actually be a blessing for you, Potato. Instead of being bound to recruiting for just a house, just one server, you're now set free to direct ALL pubbers to this great clan, not just the ones you find on Flash! And not to mention, if there's another admin in the server, there won't be any argument over which house to direct a new applicant to... You'll both be working toward the common goal of directing that applicant to eGO. (Plus, you have to admit, that this might keep you out of trouble for "side swiping" other house's recruits. That's another bonus right there.)



eGO is my house. I used to be a Raider. I used to be a House Leader. When I was promoted, I had to take off the tags I'd worn for nearly a year. But it was for the betterment of this division, and for myself, that I bravely hit the servers without the baggage of being JUST a Raider. I am an eGO. We all, collectively, are eGO. Let's remember the best of the houses, and put them in the past, while looking forward to a more unified clan in the future.

I will not argu. They recruiting issues were resolved by a mistake on my part and the recruit for not wearing house tags or informing me he was applied to one already.
I see eGO first and I am young and developed a bond to hh. If you see me as you stated I am scared for my future.
I am thinking right now.
 
Let's face it, this is a decision that's been in the works for almost an entire year, if not more. Not always on the front lines of discussion, but always in the back of people's minds - council included.

The council and district leaders all know my position on this, I can remember pleading for this exact thing months and months ago before my hiatus. The Houses were created for good reason, they existed for good reason, but as a result of the problems caused by their continued existance - they have been closed for good reason.

I would be willing to bet that a large majority of the people worried or complaining about this decision, did not exist in eGO prior to their creation. They have not seen the changes that've occured in the DoD division in their wake, and also have not likely seen the clan and its members damaged by them. Houses so frequently forgot that they were part of a larger, more important whole - Edge Gamers. They ignored a constant reminder that was placed in front of them every time they played the game - the eGO tag comes first, the House tag came second.

I am extremely pleased with this decision, and not because it lines up with my own views - but because I do believe it will be better for the clan as a whole, particularly the DoD Division. Look at it this way fellas. There's a reason the House system wasn't implemented over on the TF2 side of things.

Hopefully now, the DoD community can see more unity in its membership and play for what is most important. For fun, friendship, and the whole of the Edge Gamers Organization.

Thank you to the Council and to all District Leaders involved. I trust in your ability to keep things running smoothly, and to review the remaining advisors with good judgement. You have always done us proud.
 
PotatoCannon stop looking at this with blinders on, all other divisions in eGO do great without houses. They have active forums and not to mention healthy scrim competitions between ALL members of eGO and they do just fine. Plus by the looks of everyone's comments they are at least willing to accept some change let alone the one's who know for a fact this is the right decision for edgegamers as a whole.

Just sit back, relax and have fun playing in Flash. Its not going anywhere, and neither are any of your friends. This wagon is going to keep right on rolling down the road, so you can either ride with the rest of us or wave goodbye as we move on down the road.
 
I think it's a sad day. Having a house helped me to identify with follow players who especially enjoyed the server associated with their house. We are all now in a group of players so large and diverse it may be harder to feel kinship with my fellow gamers. Well, change happens and we all must deal with it but I find it was a shock and came about with little or no discussion with the common members of eGO. BURN DOWN THE HOUSES......
 
7 months ago i had a concern and council with the Cmr mgr decided to do something about it now. Im glad it happen but hope its not too late.
The reason im saying hope its not too late is cos we have had a mercurial growth and the members over the DOD and eGO doubled during this period.
Mr.John T knows what im talking about(the p.m Mr.T)
To the rest all i have to say is its a new beginning lets greet it, its worked with the other "DIVISIONS" it will with DOD too..
Im still gonna be at STRAND still gonna guard the beach... whos with me???
 
I would ask all members to please, attempt to accept this decision with an open mind and trust in your council.

I in the past, had FOUGHT for this decision - when I was a House Leader. If there's anyone who should miss Houses, you would think it would be those most involved with them. I was in JONES, I was co-leader of the Sewer Rats, and when it was needed - created alongside my co-leader the Unit [7] House, what was presently known as the Imperial Guard. But even at that point, I would have willingly thrown away every ounce of the power I'd had as a House Leader to see the Houses replaced with a simple Advisor system.

Notice a pattern. I've had a lot of House activity - but it was NEVER selective to just one House, that's the point - working for eGO, not just the one House you happened to be a part of. Realizing the greater good, spreading your line of friends beyond a tag at the end of your name and moving throughout ALL of the eGO servers, so that everyone can more easily appreciate eachother.

When I play in an Edge Gamers server - I don't want to spend half an hour explaining to a new recruit the House system, I don't want to compete with recruiters from a bunch of other Houses and bombard them with various guises to get them to join my House for whatever reason.

Most everyone here is a member of Edge Gamers. It is apparent which members have isolated themselves to looking only within their House, as they are now lost without it. Those that always acknowledged and viewed with an open mind eGO - not just their House, are comfortable and in some cases, thankful. Because they still get to see exactly what they saw before. Themselves as a part of one of the greatest gaming organizations ever to exist on the planet.

Think about it.
 
I haven't been in my House for long (Foreign Legion) compared to some of you guys, so I don't really guess I can say that this affects me. Although, it was nice feeling that I had another place in the community, I really felt divided amongst everyone. But, I guess looking at the bigger picture, it's for the better.
I think the quote "United we stand, Divided we fall" is semi-right for this.
 
It's like being in College and having your fraternity disbanded. Example: at Ohio State everyone is a proud Buckeye but we also have close knit relationships/friendships within the fraternity (that don't supersede the college allegiance).

I was proud to represent -TR- and disappointed to see it destroyed. I am first and foremost =eGO= and will remain loyally so, but that does not mean I have to like or agree with the decision. Hopefully the council will change their mind, if not I will remove my -TR- tag.

=eGO= Forever!
 
I just want to add to my earlier post that I personally have always thought that =eGO= comes first and don't/didn't treat people from other houses differently, I just thought that it was great that those of us that dedicated large portions of our time to a specific server (and the people playing there) were identified to that server when others were there.

I have not been a part of =eGO= long enough to know the history, or difficulty that having houses created, I was just remarking that it was a draw to me when I joined and the people in -TR- were good to me and helped me integrate into =eGO=.

Just my feelings on the matter, I'm sure we will be just fine as everything progresses, and DoD is my field of battle, the map is just a change of scenery!

Thanks everyone in =eGO= for helping me this my gaming home!

If I can ever be of service, please don't hesitate to ask.
 
finally... i thought i was stuck with Kalt forever... now i can spread my wings!
 
All I have to say is ive been in hellhounds for 6months and eGO for 6months and I will tell you right now that DoD has lived by houses and for alot of people this will destroy alot of things.

I will tell you that like the first 3 ppl I talked to I got the answers:
WTF!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO
HOW DARE THEY
Well there goes a good thing.

Nobody will like this I do not ethier.
This will hurt more than it will help.

I will tell you people will leave, there will be arguments and this will hurt. Badly.

woah woah woah clam down bro... that is not what will happen. They are houses... of the clan... The clan is still the same... now the DoD division is united. Brains will meld together, ideas born, servers filled because a SR member doesnt have to think they are bound to go to a 32-33 Kalt when Strand has 3 people in it... You need to get together mate and remember this might just be a good thing.
 
*long dramatic sobs*

To tell you the truth, I never understood the houses anyway. It seemed a little redundant.
 
I suspect that many of you will have a similar story as we go through these changes.

I will still be on Donner, hunting and being hunted. I will still enjoy the camaraderie of fighting off a huge offensive or being part of one. I will still curse those of you who seem to kill me a LOT! I have friends in what was The Raiders. I have friends in what were the other houses. I doubt that the lack of a house will change those relationships. I still look forward to playing with the same familiar people. I enjoyed and look forward to greeting newcomers to our servers and watching edgegamers grow. I utilized the house leaders for issues that I needed guidance on. I understand that there will still be people to go to for help - and you thought you escaped me Fluffy! At the end of the day, it's a great place to be a part of and hang my hat.

DoD became so much bigger for me once I found edgegamers and the likes of our members who welcomed me almost a year ago. Edgegamers has grown into a community and a family for me.

I will most certainly miss being a part of The Raiders house and all that went with it. But I also look forward to seeing what changes we have in store.

Bones
 
I find this a change for the better. When i was playing DoD much more than i currently am, i found it very frustrating dealing with the house system for recruiting because i frequently visited Donner (and was a member of 7 house, what will now be known as -I|G-). Now Donner was a very active server, and there was always somebody there to walk them through the Raiders process's and make that person feel at home. This was not the case all the time on every server. I should be able to tell somebody go to JohnT's recruiting forum and make an application- DONE. Previous posts were correct. Though the House system had some appeal, other factions of eGO have existed just fine without them.

I had just thought the other day that the house system is kind of obsolete now.

I will continue to wear my -I|G- tag for a little while out of respect and memory for the great people i had played with in my ex house, but i will move on quickly.

eGO forever.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top