- Joined
- May 2, 2008
- Messages
- 461
I'm building a PC for a friend. I've recieved all the parts and put it together. Mind you, this is not the first time I've built a PC and the others work just great. I've run into a series of problems with this build.
When I went to install the video card drivers, things started to get choppy. The CPU would rev when I would scroll through web pages, and colors and shapes would appear where they aren't supposed to. Everything just running very laggy until it ultimately stops working. At first, we thought the PSU wasn't giving enough juice. It was marginally close, so I upped the wattage from 500 to 750.
Problem, I thought, was solved.
It persisted.
Next I thought it could just be a faulty graphics card. Finally got a replacement for it, only to find that it STILL continues to load slowly and the graphics are all jumbled. Things look fine in VGA mode, albeit run slowly.
Please someone help! I'm pulling my hair out here. The only thing I can think of is that the PCIe slot is busted or something. Any ideas?
When I went to install the video card drivers, things started to get choppy. The CPU would rev when I would scroll through web pages, and colors and shapes would appear where they aren't supposed to. Everything just running very laggy until it ultimately stops working. At first, we thought the PSU wasn't giving enough juice. It was marginally close, so I upped the wattage from 500 to 750.
Problem, I thought, was solved.
It persisted.
Next I thought it could just be a faulty graphics card. Finally got a replacement for it, only to find that it STILL continues to load slowly and the graphics are all jumbled. Things look fine in VGA mode, albeit run slowly.
Please someone help! I'm pulling my hair out here. The only thing I can think of is that the PCIe slot is busted or something. Any ideas?


















