Update: AMD vs. Nvidia

They used Asus ATI card.. not cool i prefer sap, vision trek, or HIS

Nvidia can still win all those "awards" but that aint gonna change my mind abt switching from ATI to nvidia. Lots of people still prefer ATI even if Nvidia wins 1k award.

GO ATI!
 
there comparing a card thats been out for over 4 months now,to a card thats been out maybe 2 weeks..
 
I could care less. I am all about ATI because it is a cheaper route and as long as I am satisfied.
 
there comparing a card thats been out for over 4 months now,to a card thats been out maybe 2 weeks..

exactly, just because it was overclocked doesn't mean its "newer". Just wait for ATI to come out with whats under their sleeve.
 
Nvidia will be surprise with the new AMD/ATI Video card :D ATI is wayyy better IMO. Nvidia is good but some of there manufacture have bad CS (Customer Support). Since ATI have XFX now Nvidia is going down :p

ATI ALL THE WAY!
 
I have a 9800 GTX+ in my computer, and my Fiance has a 4870 512mb in her's. Guess whose computer is faster....

Hers. By a landslide. :(


Still, I've always purchased Nvidia, and as long as they remain competitive, I will continue to do so. However, ATI has some really REALLY strong offerings this time around. You really can't go wrong with either card. :)
 
I have a 9800 GTX+ in my computer, and my Fiance has a 4870 512mb in her's. Guess whose computer is faster....

Hers. By a landslide. :(


Still, I've always purchased Nvidia, and as long as they remain competitive, I will continue to do so. However, ATI has some really REALLY strong offerings this time around. You really can't go wrong with either card. :)

Amen to you brother. Those strong offerings are the same reason I stick with ATI. :D
 
I have a 9800 GTX+ in my computer, and my Fiance has a 4870 512mb in her's. Guess whose computer is faster....

Hers. By a landslide. :(


Still, I've always purchased Nvidia, and as long as they remain competitive, I will continue to do so. However, ATI has some really REALLY strong offerings this time around. You really can't go wrong with either card. :)

The important point here is that your fiance has a gaming computer, and therefore most probably plays video games. DONT YOU EVER LET HER GO!

In all seriousness, ATI's latest offerings were definitely better when it came to price/performance. Which is exactly why I originally chose them. Driver issues forced me to get rid of them and move to NVidia.

To be honest, this debate is somewhat pointless as both companies offer cards that are quite fast and are competitive to each other... I just dont wanna see any fanboys here starting a flame war.
 
One way or another, sometimes Nvidia have driver issue too, so does ATI to it pretty much balance out on drivers issue.

Nvidia got some good card out, so does ATI.
 
there comparing a card thats been out for over 4 months now,to a card thats been out maybe 2 weeks..

That is true, however the point is that both cards are their companies respective flagship cards. They are the best of the best out there right now, length of time since debut is a non issue. Sure ATI made it to the market quicker, but it is being outperformed by it competitors card. Look at it this way, ATI's 4700x2 (even OC'd) is like a dreamcast, sure it was the first of it's generation out, but the game-play nor the games stood up to the Xbox or the PS2... face it, when it comes down to the turf war over cards, it is all about the power, the speed, and the precision...

For the record, I am unbiased, I have used both Nvidia and ATI (in fact my two rigs now are built one each).. that being said, I am for which card is better, and which card is better within my price-range, and at this point in the game, Nvidia is on top on both accounts as the 295 wins sheer power, and the previous two generations of Nvidia outperformed the ATI counterpart at a more reasonable price. I'm not saying ATI is bad, just at this point in time, they are not the top dog... give it a few years and that will change.
 
guys guys guys and ladies ladies ladies i told you the winners already and the answers to your questions lol
 
This post some one you might agree with but nevertheless it is all the truth.

ATI:the 4870X2 has been the best card out for months now.
Nvidia:Just came out with a card that is slightly better than the 4870X2 and not designed as well.

First off I just want to say its pretty damn obvious to see that Nvidia is getting desperate. But WAIT this sounds like im an ATI fanboy. not true.

My past cards: ATI 9800 Pro, 8800GTS 640mb

I will buy from either company, depending on who has the latest and greatest.

Now lets continue. Look at the structure of the 4870X2. It is a single card with two GPU's. The GTX295 is 2 cards inside a single cooler, with one GPU on each card. Not as well engineered as the 4870X2.

Now, people are correct when they say the 295 is faster. But the higher resolution you test with, the worse the 295 does compared to the 4870X2. In my opinion the 4870X2 beats the 295 in too many tests for the 295 to be considered worth it.

I believe Nvidia can get back on top but they rushed this card out. Its sloppy design, and slightly better graphics makes me think Nvidia needs to go back to the drawing table. I mean, the 295 is pretty much two 260's smashed together. I imagine Nvidia just saying, "hey guys lets just pour some elmer's glue all over this crap and slap a heatsink on and make the model number higher. Then people will think its better :D".

Nope not gonna work for me. Nvidia can get ahead again, but this card will not be doing it for them. ATI still wins for the time being in my mind.

Besides, 4870X2 drivers are much more mature, and ATI's drivers are more stable than nvidia's to begin with.

-Blue
 
They used Asus ATI card.. not cool i prefer sap, vision trek, or HIS

Nvidia can still win all those "awards" but that aint gonna change my mind abt switching from ATI to nvidia. Lots of people still prefer ATI even if Nvidia wins 1k award.

GO ATI!

My personal favorite is MSI

-Blue
 
I would personally like to see an xfx oc version of both companies cards to be compared. That to me would be sweet. I have an asus 4850 and im not too big of a a fan of it because of the cooler on in :(.

I feel that nvidia didnt do that card justice. it has a lot more potential. if they were to design it as well as ati did the 4870 x2. the 295 would have been far better. it still is the best card out though.
The way it looks now in my opinion is that if nvidia keeps working like they did for the 295. ati will definately have the better card in the next gen. ati did a very solid job designing the 4870x2 and it paid off it is an amazing card. nvidia is still in the lead with the top of the line card though.


p.s. i have both brands of cards in 2 differant computers. i am satisfied with both cards as well. they both run my games and thats all that really matters imo.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top