- Joined
- Oct 17, 2008
- Messages
- 149
Hey all, I just logged into steam and noticed that L4D is now %50 off for this whole weekend, that's $25!! That's an awesome deal, but here's the thing:
Should I Buy Left 4 Dead even though I have.....
Windows Vista (I have it set to look like the old version of windows.) xD
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+ 2.60 Ghz
1.5 GB RAM
Nvidia Geoforce 6150SE nForce 430 (It came with the CPU, it's not a custom card. I know, it sucks balls.)
Minimum Requirements for L4D:
Supported OS: Microsoft Windows XP / Vista / Vista64 (Check.)
Processor: Pentium 4 3.0GHz (Not Check...D: )
Memory: 1 GB (Not a problem.)
Graphics: 128 MB, Shader model 2.0, ATI 9600, NVidia 6600 or better
Hard Drive: At least 7.5 GB of free space (I don't really care about the Graphics,game counts more for me.)
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card (Check.)
Recommended L4D Requirements:
Supported OS: Microsoft Windows XP / Vista / Vista64
Processor: Intel core 2 duo 2.4GHz
Memory: 1 GB
Graphics: Shader model 3.0, NVidia 7600, ATI X1600 or better
OK, here's what I propose. IF I decide to buy the game, I will run it in a window. I know this won't help much, but I think it will run better than FULL SCREEN. Part of my problem is that, My monitor is about 27 inches. :/ (The monitor problem isn't such a biggie, since I have an LG TV around 20 inches that can also be used as a PC monitor.)
As for the graphics card and RAM, I plan to upgrade soon. And I am planning to go to Circuit City when they have their clearance sale. Which is, around now I think, and get a 1GB RAM and maybe an NVIDIA 8200 way cheaper than it's original price. Of course, I have to know if I have PCI Express and my motherboard can handle it.
As for the processor, well, that's a bit more complicated....
Any suggestions and thoughts about this?
Should I Buy Left 4 Dead even though I have.....
Windows Vista (I have it set to look like the old version of windows.) xD
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+ 2.60 Ghz
1.5 GB RAM
Nvidia Geoforce 6150SE nForce 430 (It came with the CPU, it's not a custom card. I know, it sucks balls.)
Minimum Requirements for L4D:
Supported OS: Microsoft Windows XP / Vista / Vista64 (Check.)
Processor: Pentium 4 3.0GHz (Not Check...D: )
Memory: 1 GB (Not a problem.)
Graphics: 128 MB, Shader model 2.0, ATI 9600, NVidia 6600 or better
Hard Drive: At least 7.5 GB of free space (I don't really care about the Graphics,game counts more for me.)
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card (Check.)
Recommended L4D Requirements:
Supported OS: Microsoft Windows XP / Vista / Vista64
Processor: Intel core 2 duo 2.4GHz
Memory: 1 GB
Graphics: Shader model 3.0, NVidia 7600, ATI X1600 or better
OK, here's what I propose. IF I decide to buy the game, I will run it in a window. I know this won't help much, but I think it will run better than FULL SCREEN. Part of my problem is that, My monitor is about 27 inches. :/ (The monitor problem isn't such a biggie, since I have an LG TV around 20 inches that can also be used as a PC monitor.)
As for the graphics card and RAM, I plan to upgrade soon. And I am planning to go to Circuit City when they have their clearance sale. Which is, around now I think, and get a 1GB RAM and maybe an NVIDIA 8200 way cheaper than it's original price. Of course, I have to know if I have PCI Express and my motherboard can handle it.
As for the processor, well, that's a bit more complicated....
Any suggestions and thoughts about this?
















and the specs on your mobo doesn't show it supports the 64 x2.

I'll buy it tonight...well, later that is.