speex codex help!!!! mac user im dying over here...

dj hassanova

I made one post
Joined
Jan 3, 2009
Messages
13
Mac version of ventrilo supports only speex codex and not gsm 6.10 is there anything I can do?
 
If you use Crossover, you're going to need a Windows file called something like mgsm610.dll. After you get it, place it in the emulated Windows System32 folder, and Vent should work.

You could also try Bootcamp, and dual boot OSX and Windows.
 
Last edited:
Mac? trade it for a real computer :P naw just joking you decided to use mac so its your choice but don't expect to run windows applications games etc flawlessly.

I wish I could help but I am mac illiterate. :/
 
VMWare Fusion works really well for this sort of thing. If you don't have it for your Mac already, I highly suggest it. I use it all the time for various windows/linux emulation needs. It does take some amount of resources to run, so I wouldn't recommend it if you're going to game on the same Mac. Under those circumstances I'd probably agree with Boot Camp.

Perhaps at some point we will convince them to run the mac compatible codec on our vent server, or perhaps the Mac version of vent will finally support the codec we use :)

Mac? trade it for a real computer :P naw just joking you decided to use mac so its your choice but don't expect to run windows applications games etc flawlessly.

I wish I could help but I am mac illiterate. :/

so... you just decided to post because you had no relevant information to share and wanted to insult his rig?
 

Latest posts

Back
Top